 Inventories / 164
Re: Automated Inventory Ordering through Bricklink
Newsgroups:
lugnet.inv, lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad.mlcad, lugnet.market.brickshops
Date:
Mon, 17 Jan 2005 12:01:21 GMT

In lugnet.cad.mlcad, Jason S. Mantor wrote:
I wrote a utility, for my own use, about two years ago that
takes a .dat file and attempts to find "best" way to buy the parts
via BrickLink.

I beleive that this is the hardest part of the automated 'from-CAD-to-shop'
process. There are so many variables, obviously element avaialability but also
price and geographical location. Also when using the By Shop sorting feature in
Bricklink often the stores with the most lots actually have the same items in
multiple lots which confuses the issue even more.

Tim