 Inventories / 167
Re: Automated Inventory Ordering through Bricklink
Newsgroups:
lugnet.inv, lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad.mlcad, lugnet.market.brickshops
Date:
Wed, 19 Jan 2005 01:44:09 GMT

Tim David wrote:

I beleive that this is the hardest part of the automated 'from-CAD-to-shop'
process. There are so many variables, obviously element avaialability but also
price and geographical location. Also when using the By Shop sorting feature in
Bricklink often the stores with the most lots actually have the same items in
multiple lots which confuses the issue even more.

Tim

Yes. the sheer number of combinations can quickly get ridiculous and it
gets hard to evaluate which is "best." I cheated by making a few
asumptions.  I'll share them when I dig up the code, I don't remember
the details off hand.

-JSM