 CAD / MLCad / 2045
Re: ? for the MLCAD Guru's
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.mlcad
Date:
Sun, 13 Feb 2005 21:24:45 GMT

Mark,
  My recommendation is to use buffer exchange.

  Buffer exchange lets you take the current state of the model, and put  a copy
of it in a buffer.  Later you can restore the buffer, and erase any changes made
between the store and the retrieve.

  <step>
  buffer_exchange
  add disappearing part
  add other parts
  <step>
  restore from buffer
  readd other parts (less the disapearing part)
  <step>
  add even more parts
  <step>
  re-add the dissapearing part.

  Does this help?
Kevin

In lugnet.cad.mlcad, Mark Chittenden wrote:
Is there a way to make a part "disappear" while in step mode and "reappear"
later?

Here's what I'm trying to do:

<step>
Part01 is shown
<many steps later>
Part01 "disappears" to allow viewing of another part's placement which otherwise
would be obstructed from view if Part01 was still visable
<next step>
Part01 "reappears"

An example of what I'm trying to do would be similar to what can sometimes be
found in some LEGO instructions, in this case the instructions for model 4500
Rebel Snowspeeder. In step 14, the completed canopy submodel is shown where it
is attached to the main body. It remains "visible" during all subsequent steps,
until step 18 which shows it 'removed' to allow placement of the minifigs inside
the Snowspeeder, then step 17 shows the canopy back in place (this is also the
final step). Since placement of the canopy submodel is not critical to placement
of other pieces, I could just skip step 14 and show the canopy in place in the
final step, but I'd like to try to immulate the LEGO instructions.