 CAD / Development / 3025
3024  |  3026
Special:
[DAT] (requires LDraw-compatible viewer)
Re: Hidden surface removal, and vertex order in part/primitive DAT files
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Mon, 4 Oct 1999 16:49:46 GMT

On Mon, 4 Oct 1999 16:27:30 GMT, blisses@worldnet.att.net (Steve Bliss)
wrote:

But "standard" is an odd term in this case.  In my mind the LDraw standard
is defined as "code which is recognized and interpreted by LDraw".[1]

Forgot the footnote:

1- There's an interesting distinction between 'valid' and 'well-formed'
contructions.  LDraw will allow line-breaks as whitespace in commands, so:

1 16 0 0 0 1 0 0
0 1 0 0 0 1 3001.dat

is valid, but it's not well-formed.

LDraw will also recognize scientific notation for any of the parameters
(including colour), but commands with SN are not well-formed.

Steve