 CAD / Development / 3005
Re: Hidden surface removal, and vertex order in part/primitive DAT files
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Sun, 3 Oct 1999 21:10:59 GMT

Leonardo Zide wrote:

Steve Bliss wrote:

This isn't automatic, but what if the program interrogates the user to pick
a side which is facing outward?  From that information, the program could
then mark-up all adjacent sides.  If the program ran out of sides, it could
re-interrogate for another side.

you should consider that there are a lot of such groups of sides in one
brick! Thus,
the approach described by Leonardo is better:

  Instead of asking the user, the program could first try to cast rays
and then only if there are any faces left it asks the user. I've started
writing my own converter and it worked correctly with the 'standard'
bricks but had a few problems with other parts (probably because of the
precision).

Now, my main problem is: how can I find enough time to translate and
check all the bricks! I guess my code works quite well now. But it still
stays some bugs and for some briks it can orient ALL the faces.

Leonardo

bye
jp