 CAD / Development / 2949
Re: Hidden surface removal, and vertex order in part/primitive DAT files
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Thu, 30 Sep 1999 23:29:29 GMT

Gary Williams wrote in message ...
Assuming (after all close vertices are matched up) that no polygons have
zero neighbors, after determining the orientation of one polygon, you could
visit each neighboring polygon (somewhat like a flood fill algorithm) and
determine its orientation easily.  Only one ray would be needed in the
entire process.

Okay, I made a bad assumption there, since a group of polygons may terminate
flush against another polygon, without touching its edges.  But still I
think a performance improvement could be realized by using a flood-fill-type
algorithm to visit as many polygons per ray as possible.

-Gary