 Administrative / Suggestions / 700
Re: Signature Image Abuse
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.suggestions
Date:
Thu, 29 May 2003 16:56:43 GMT

On Thu, May 29, 2003 at 04:12:48PM +0000, Tim Courtney wrote:
In lugnet.admin.suggestions, Todd Lehman wrote:
I meant disabling the {viewing} of it on a person-by-person basis...not
disabling their ability to post that way.

So, does that mean that for example:

? I, Tim Courtney, can see that poster John Doe is annoying me, and flip a
switch so LUGNET doesn't show me FTX formatting when I read his posts

{or}

? You, Todd Lehman (or another admin), can see that John Doe is abusing the
system, and have the LUGNET server not show FTX formatting on any of his posts
(while the server will continue to accept posts by him which include FTX, they
won't display them for anyone)

my guess is that I choose not to see any FTX formatting, ever, by
anyone.  That seems the easiest to implement.

Dan

--
Dan Boger
dan@peeron.com