 Administrative / Suggestions / 672
671  |  673
Subject:
Signature Image Abuse
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.suggestions
Date:
Wed, 28 May 2003 14:40:56 GMT

I haven't seen any of this yet, likely cause the FTX features are new. However,
on the EZBoard style sites, many people include LARGE images in their signatures
- non-standard banners for their sites, poorly made animations, etc. Sometimes
these take up more space than the comments they make.

While I think the new FTX feature is neat for some of the good things that can
come of it (embedding MOC images in posts, etc), I think it definitely has the
potential to be abused.

Can there be ground rules laid down about tasteful images - at least when
relating to dimensions and animation? One of the reasons I don't read other
boards as often as I do LUGNET is this very fact.

Another issue would be font sizes ... as Mike Petrucelli illustrated here:
http://news.lugnet.com/publish/?n=4174

I welcome the ability to format text as it's useful for large documents or
multi-point announcements. The same with pictures - they're fun and useful for
MOC or event posts. But, both have the potential to be abused, and I'd like to
see some rules or norms established that discourage such abuse.

-Tim