 Administrative / Suggestions / 680
Re: Signature Image Abuse
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.suggestions
Date:
Thu, 29 May 2003 05:32:19 GMT

In lugnet.admin.suggestions, Tim Courtney wrote:
   In lugnet.admin.suggestions, Todd Lehman wrote:

   How do you suggest knowing which images are signature banners?

Watchful concerned community members who are willing to kindly guide and inform abusers.

See, the only thing that worries me about that is sooner or later - one of the guides are going to rub sombody the wrong way and I fear a huge war breaking out over it. I do not think that is too far-fetched. It happens every so often when people are ‘kindly reminded’ about where and where not to post a topic.

Rules are good. This new format here will open up a new can of worms. I think maybe perhaps the best option is to have mods - but just be veeeeeeeeeeeeery careful how they are chosen. Trust me, pick the wrong person and things will get messy.

But I really do not think huge sigs would be a problem here. Posts are not read in the manner they are on sites like BZP and FBTB. Meaning you do not have to scroll allllll the way past big sigs to get to the next post.

Either way, I am sure it will be an interesting road we are starting to go down.

Mark P http://www.landofbricks.com