 Administrative / Suggestions / 693
Re: Signature Image Abuse
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.suggestions
Date:
Thu, 29 May 2003 15:28:18 GMT

On Thu, May 29, 2003 at 03:09:48PM +0000, Brian H. Nielsen wrote:
In lugnet.admin.suggestions, Larry Pieniazek wrote:
I hadn't meant that but it's an interesting idea. Again... can you
- prevent a specific person from including FTX tags (I again suspect not)
- turn off the rendering code for some people's posts, but not
  everyone's, based on some sort of privilege list? (I suspect yes
  but with as you say, a fair bit of work... you have to recognise
  that a post is from a particular person in order to turn off the
  renderer for that post)

   Turn it around - let people turn off FTX in messages they read.
Todd's already contemplating a setting to let people choose to filter
out images based on size. How about another option to filter out all
FTX formatting?

or combine the two, and allow people to block (or allow) FTX in
messages from specific posters.

--
Dan Boger
dan@peeron.com