 Administrative / General / 6656
Re: May-June 2000 Mania Magazine
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Mon, 15 May 2000 10:18:03 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Scott Arthur writes:
[...]
BTW : does the fact that:
a) Lego Posts Here

One person from LEGO posts here.

... on behalf of LEGO?

b) Lego Funds Lugnet

LEGO does not fund LUGNET.

Well what did they fund with the payment they gave? It thought it was for
Lugnet? (Accept that you may not wish to divulge this.)

"LUGNET is grateful for the generous gifts of its donors, which help it to
thrive, grow, and offer new and exciting information and services."

Sounds like funding?

c) Lego print the Lugnet Logo in their literature

Mean that the inference on the homepage that Lego neither endorses or
supports Lugnet may be misleading?

No.

I think it could be argued very easily that it is. I suppose some people may
not be able to  see how anyone could, join, promote and give even one penny of
funding, and neither be said to support or endorse Lugnet. It is my opinion
that the Welcome should be both clear and unambiguous. I am sure that must be
the opinion of everyone here?

If Lego do not support Lugnet, are the against us? Are they ambivalent?

Scott A

--Todd