 Administrative / General / 6675
Re: May-June 2000 Mania Magazine
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Mon, 15 May 2000 19:44:08 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Scott Arthur writes:

So what did they _fund_ with their donation?

Why do you insist on being so dense?

Many people, including myself, have explained the difference between funding
and donating to a cause.  Yes, *in spirit* Brad Justus and Lego Direct would
seem to "support Lugnet".  No, in a *financial sense*, they do NOT "support
Lugnet", which would imply they were paying all expenses.

This seems to be pretty clear to most people.

"Note: LEGO has recently made a "no strings attached" financial donation not
believed to constitute sponsorship or endorsement in the legal sense."

I have not seen anything which substantiates this statement -

Have you seen anything that indicates something to the contrary?

Personally, I find the disclaimer to be *very* clear in what it says.

Additionally, I'm confused as to why this continues to be an issue for you.

eric