 Administrative / General / 6715
Re: May-June 2000 Mania Magazine
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Tue, 16 May 2000 18:48:57 GMT

[...] I believe that no matter how much of a part of daily life LD ever
becomes, people will always still be finding LEGO sets on clearance or
deep discount and [...]

Erm, that was a bit strong...I'm not actually entirely convinced that LEGO
sets will always be around on clearance or deep discount.  I could imagine
5 or 10 years down the road, if LD becomes this big monstrous thing spanning
across all of LEGO, that toystores might be able to sell back their unsold
stock to LEGO for subsequent resale via LD, perhaps at higher-than-clearance
prices (doubtful, but not entirely impossible).

I should say instead that I believe people will always still be finding LEGO
sets on _sale_ (not necessarily clearance or deep discount prices) no matter
how much a part of daily life LD ever becomes.

--Todd