  *91518 (-100)
  RE: subassemblies

yeah, i'm just getting started (as in bought a set two days ago and haven't had the time to build anything yet), and i expect the first several months of experimenting won't be worth remembering anyway. but for those people that have had time to (...) (25 years ago, 6-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics)

  Tigger's Treehouse spotted in Utah

FYI...I saw Tigger's Treehouse (set 2990) for the first time last night in Layton, Utah. This set comes in a cool, clamshell box that doubles as a backdrop unlike any other I have seen (including Western theme). The packaging is similar to a hexagon (...) (25 years ago, 6-Jan-00, to lugnet.duplo)

  Re: Automatic decoupler designs?

(...) picturing this right, since if you inserted those slope-out I'd think you'd derail one or both cars before they separated. --Ben (25 years ago, 6-Jan-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Young Obi-Wan's Head

I was looking at the new Desert Skiff Luke's head and it occurred to me that it is the same head of the young Obi-Wan from the Gungan Sub set. Has this already been mentioned before? Also, I am a little disappointed with the fact that none of the (...) (25 years ago, 6-Jan-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Automatic decoupler designs?

On Thu, 6 Jan 2000, Ben Jackson (<Fnx0A5.L6I@lugnet.com>) wrote at 13:03:41 (...) Has anyone thought of using an electromagnet at track level to overpower the magnetic coupling? I've no idea if this would be practical, and it's non-LEGO, but it (...) (25 years ago, 6-Jan-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Suggestion for MLCad Plug-Ins

I would very much like to customize MLCAD, but it is not clear to me what these plugins are going to allowed to access. Don't you need an API or something? What am I missing? See also detailed comments below. Michael Lachmann <m.lachmann@xpoint.at> (...) (25 years ago, 6-Jan-00, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: RCX onboard timer and motor pulsing

A few (Hah!) years ago we used to get that realistic slow train speed by running our Lionel "O" gauge and American Flyer engines on DC. We used an AC Gilbert rectifier that was a full-wave selenium unit. By adding a switch we made it be only (...) (25 years ago, 6-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.trains)

  Re: B-Wing Review

(...) Your B-Wing is definitely superior to the Lego one. As I said, the set is a fair representation of the ship (minus the engine compartment), although the ship itself is a bit unsubstantial compared to the "real" thing. The Lego version just (...) (25 years ago, 6-Jan-00, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.reviews)

  Re: How many sets?

(...) Wow! I actually come kinda close on some of these! I have 30 Blue and 19+ gray ones! Cool! 'Course, I have no Clear or Yellow ones, but I do have four Green and four Dark Gray! Dunno my totals on Red, Black or White. (...) Woohoo! I have more (...) (25 years ago, 6-Jan-00, to lugnet.general)

  Re: question for Canadians

I don't know of a Superstore in the Ottawa area, so I can't speak for price comparisons with them, but I find variable pricing between each of TRU, Zellers, & Walmart - one being cheaper on some sets, and more expensive on others. If you have the (...) (25 years ago, 6-Jan-00, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: French Bread?

David Eaton wrote in message ... (...) set 5821 Belville Girl on Picnic 1997 has one. These were the source for my bakery shop's bread (see web site below) Allan (25 years ago, 6-Jan-00, to lugnet.fabuland)

  Re: subassemblies

(...) Personally, I don't notate anything. Part of what I like is finding a totally different solution than the one I used last time. Makes for slower building, but leaves more room for improvement. Now that I have a digital camera, I've begun (...) (25 years ago, 6-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: B-Wing Review

(...) My parents love taking the bags out of the box and taping them up so there isn't a rattle to be heard. I hate it...in a way :) There is such a beautiful sound when you shake a Lego box. :) Ryan (25 years ago, 6-Jan-00, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.reviews)

  Re: Mindstorms destroy my pocketbook!

From: "Michael Naunton" <mmn@interactive.net> (...) I have a feeling that you really wanted the digital camera anyway and used Mindstorms as an excuse. You can always use regular film-based cameras to take pictures of your roboots... The hint of (...) (25 years ago, 6-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics)

  Help with set prices

Hey all, if anyone can help me here it would be greatly appreciated. I have recently been putting together a list of sets that I have accumulated over the past 10 years and I also wanted to have the price of each set so I could know how much my (...) (25 years ago, 6-Jan-00, to lugnet.general)

  RE: How old are you?

Based on replies made to me privately, and to this forum here are the results [which do not really have any statistical value]: Average age - 33.95 years Youngest - 5 years Oldest - 65 years Most common age - 31 years Most common age group - 30's (...) (25 years ago, 6-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: B-Wing Review

You beat me to it! I have been waiting to get a B-Wing so I could compair it to mine: (URL) doubt I will rate the model quite as high as you because just from the picture I see some things I don't like but then again I am biased having built one (...) (25 years ago, 6-Jan-00, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.reviews)

  Re: Adventurers DinoIsland Research Glider

(...) I have a sneaking suspicion that it is entirely different from any of the sets we've seen so far, either legitimately or otherwise. None of the aircraft seen by me so far has matched the description of a "Research Glider". I've been doing some (...) (25 years ago, 6-Jan-00, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.adventurers)

  Re: What all has TLC done?

That's the sets I've been getting my space fix on. Those little astronaut sets that are like $2.00 from S@H are awesome. -- Tom Boucher ---...--- Feel like ordering from Amazon.com? Use the search engine on (URL) and make me a little $$ "Matthew (...) (25 years ago, 6-Jan-00, to lugnet.space)

  Re: New images of Dino sets

I prefer to think that the lost world never came out in the movie incarnation. I preferred the book much better. The movie was doing OK until the T Rex started tromping through downtown LA or wherever it was. The T-Rex was never taken to LA in the (...) (25 years ago, 6-Jan-00, to lugnet.adventurers)

  Re: Adventurers DinoIsland Research Glider

ever since it appeared it's been 'out of stock' I frequent Etoys daily looking for the new sets I can't find, it just appeared one day. -- Tom Boucher ---...--- Feel like ordering from Amazon.com? Use the search engine on (URL) and make me a little (...) (25 years ago, 6-Jan-00, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.adventurers)

  Knights Kingdom King as a soldier?

I just wanted to see what peoples opinions were on using the new Knights Kingdom King as a Soldier. Of course you would have to change the helmet and the head but otherwise I was thinking he might make a decent soldier. Granted you would have to use (...) (25 years ago, 6-Jan-00, to lugnet.castle)

  B-Wing Review

Set: B-Wing at Rebel Command Center (# 7180) Piece Count: 338 Minifigs: 3 (counting the droid) Price: $29.99 Price per Piece: $.09 (rounded up, before tax) My ratings: Parts Selections: 9 out of 10 Playability: 10 out of 10 Overall design: 8 out of (...) (25 years ago, 6-Jan-00, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.reviews)

  Re: Do you build sets you buy for parts?

(...) If I think a set that I really did buy just for the parts might be a little interesting, I do build it, but only one copy (unless it is used, in which case I try and build to check for completeness - but that's getting way behind). Sets bought (...) (25 years ago, 6-Jan-00, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Pentapterigoid Star Fighter wallpaper

(...) I assume you're joking, but just in case - are you serious? Did you just convert another set into this? I don't even like most Space stuff, and I'd buy a few of these (your models) if you were selling. (25 years ago, 6-Jan-00, to lugnet.cad.ray, lugnet.publish)

  Looking for 7171 Mos Espa Podrace

Would any of you lucky Target shoppers be willing to ship a 7171 Mos Espa Podrace, and a 7161 Gungan Sub to Canada? I'd pay you in advance and don't mind paying for your trouble. It would be VERY much appreciated. Thanks. Tim Strutt 8^) (25 years ago, 6-Jan-00, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Your Opinion Please :)

David Eaton <deaton@intdata.com> wrote in message news:FnMECH.E0J@lugnet.com... [snip] (...) or (...) that (...) better! K-Mart here in Richmond is running the buy 1 get 2nd 50% off this week (Jan 3-8). Like Dave said, that's 25% off each set (that (...) (25 years ago, 6-Jan-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Target second round of reductions

(...) I my area I have managed to find 4 droid fighters for $1.44 each and a Gungan sub for $12.14. That was it, ours is the only Target in 60 miles so gets picked clean fast. Timbo (25 years ago, 6-Jan-00, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Automatic decoupler designs?

I was working on a hump yard decoupler and was playing around with adding mags to the track using the 2x2 tile that has clips to hold the mag. What's really cool is how you can make a train car hop over the mag on the track. All this play was big (...) (25 years ago, 6-Jan-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Do you build sets you buy for parts?

When you buy a set for parts (or multiple copies of it) do you always build at least one of the actual model? I may have just bought too many sets in the last few weeks, but I don't really feel like building a 4561 (much less 4 of them, although all (...) (25 years ago, 6-Jan-00, to lugnet.general)

  Want to share some sets?

Hi All, This post is a bit like it might go on "buy,sell,trade" but it is very specific to Belville. I am a train head and need 10 pieces that are in 2 Belville sets that I know of (see below for set# and description). The set costs $11, I am (...) (25 years ago, 6-Jan-00, to lugnet.belville)

  Re: How many sets?

(...) Of course when we bring Conan into the picture, most of us aren't even in the race... (25 years ago, 6-Jan-00, to lugnet.general)

  RE: Mindstorms destroy my pocketbook!

I understand completely..... I now have dedicated a room of my house, Bought a 4th home computer just for Lego, Now have 3 RIS sets, 1 Droid set, 1 Sports, 1 Extreme set, 6 other lego sets just for key parts..... Think I have a problem? Walt (...) (25 years ago, 6-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Lighting Up Legoville.

Try your local model shop. Look for the mini lights they sell for light model railways and the like. They'll probably (but not necessarily) be cheaper, and powering them could be done by a mains transformer as opposed to an expensive Lego-brand (...) (25 years ago, 6-Jan-00, to lugnet.general)

  Re: What should I do with my 8855s?

I thought you only bought? Changed days indeed: (URL) buy all the set of you other than the prop - if it has a box and instructions. Scott A (...) (25 years ago, 6-Jan-00, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.technic)

  Looking for 3225 Classic Train

Does anyone know where I could get a 3225 for a decent price? Anyone have them on clearance locally? I would VERY much appreciate if anyone could help me out. If you wanted to trade for it, let me know too. Thanks. Tim Strutt 8^) (25 years ago, 6-Jan-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: GB #5 (2 of 2)

(...) I mailed this box to Eric Brouwer this morning via USPS Priority mail. (25 years ago, 6-Jan-00, to lugnet.market.jambalaya)

  vi sentite grandi costruttori? guardate qui

Provate un po' a vedere questo sito (URL) forse lo conoscevate gia', io sono rimasto basito. Marco (25 years ago, 6-Jan-00, to lugnet.loc.it)

  36% off all Legos

Currently KBkids is holding a sale of 20% off all Lego sets (excluding mindstorms). Stop by the Nugator Company ((URL) to find out how to get an additional 20% off of the sale price. The additional 20% can also be applied to the normal price for (...) (25 years ago, 6-Jan-00, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  The Motherlode! (Was: Re: Target second round of reductions)

(...) Thanks for the heads-up, Maggie--I was in Lansing, MI on Wednesday and I looked around at all three area Targets and found one Droid Fighter. That's all. However, when I scanned it, it was $1.44, and my heart leapt (wow, all this for (...) (25 years ago, 6-Jan-00, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.loc.us.mi.det)

  FYND!!!

8480 rymdskytteln för 574,50 på Toys R Us I barkarby. Säkert i kungens kurva också (men ej kollat). I barkarby köpte jag fyra och lämnade fem kvar. Först till kvarn! Det fanns några få andra mer udda set också för halva priset. Jari (25 years ago, 6-Jan-00, to lugnet.loc.se)

  More LEGO Direct Questions: The 2001 Anniversary

Hello Brad (& Co.), I have a question for the future. 2001 will be an anniversary of sorts.... 40 years of LEGO in the USA. I remember the Silver Anniversary bucket from 1998 was to celebrate 25 years of LEGO, but that dates only back to 1973, when (...) (25 years ago, 6-Jan-00, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.general)

  Re: Automatic decoupler designs?

(...) If I used a magnet as a core and fixed it so it couldn't rotate, then the electromagnet could be normally off (couples as usual, always forcing the other knuckle to flip over). When you wanted to decouple you'd produce the opposite field and (...) (25 years ago, 6-Jan-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Idea for if Lego ever revives Imperials

(...) WOTC/Magic is different. The cards are promoted as "collectible" and "limited edition". The collectibility is actually the primary marketting thing behind the game. (25 years ago, 6-Jan-00, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  What should I do with my 8855s?

I am currently in possession of four MISB 8855 Prop Planes. The only part I really need from these sets is the propeller, so I'm wondering what to do. Do I: 1) Remove the propeller from the tray, then sell the rest as 'nearly MIB, missing propeller' (...) (25 years ago, 6-Jan-00, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.technic)

  Storing bricks at low temperatures

Has anyone stored LEGO outside for a long time, and if so, did it have any effect on the bricks? I ask because I'm considering my garage as a suitable venue for my collection. I'm running out of places to store the increasing assortment of pieces, (...) (25 years ago, 6-Jan-00, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.general, lugnet.storage)

  Re: Changed Days

I only buy. :-) On Thu, 6 Jan 2000, Scott-A (<38746A5C.6766DFF8@hw.ac.uk>) wrote at 10:11:40 (...) (25 years ago, 6-Jan-00, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.market.theory)

  Re: New images of Dino sets

(...) Scott S. ___...___ Scott E. Sanburn-> ssanburn@cleanweb.net Systems Administrator/CAD Operator-Affiliated Engineers -> (URL) Page -> (URL) Page -> (URL) (25 years ago, 6-Jan-00, to lugnet.adventurers)

  Re: random post

(...) Hey, it's for your own good, y'know. *grin* (...) (URL) Matthew Miller ---> mattdm@mattdm.org Quotes 'R' Us ---> (URL) (25 years ago, 6-Jan-00, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.publish)

  Re: RCX onboard timer and motor pulsing

(...) PWM stands for "pulse width modulation". The LEGO speed control changes voltage as you turn the knob. An RCX turns the motor on and off really fast but always supplies full voltage. So half speed is a 50% duty cycle of full power, rather than (...) (25 years ago, 6-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.trains)

  Re: New images of Dino sets

(...) Yay! now that we have a legitimate public picture, I feel free to comment! 5 words: Grey 10 wide bow bricks! wrto: 5987 Adventurers - Dino Island Ooh, I like how they used the 6x8 extreme low slopes. (25 years ago, 6-Jan-00, to lugnet.adventurers, lugnet.pirates)

  Brickshelf /.'d?

Brickshelf was briefly mentioned on Slashdot yesterday. I was just curious to see if Kevin's server experienced any increased traffic. -Tim (25 years ago, 6-Jan-00, to lugnet.db.scans)

  Re: A-Wing Fighter (MOC)

(...) D'oh! Guess I'm misremembering again. Jeff P.S. Thanks for the compliment! :) (25 years ago, 6-Jan-00, to lugnet.cad.dat.models)

  Re: NELUG Meeting: 1-10-2000

(...) Hey, even I've learned how to spell it, though I've had lots of practice recently :-) (25 years ago, 6-Jan-00, to lugnet.loc.us.ma, lugnet.loc.us.nh, lugnet.loc.us.me, lugnet.loc.us.ct, lugnet.loc.us.vt, lugnet.loc.us.ri)

  Emulating arrays in NQC

Hi all! as I promised earlier, I am posting the code I've written to emulate arrays. I tried to make it general, but it's difficult to do without compiler support. Right now it implements a 32 items array of 4 bit variables. It can be quite easily (...) (25 years ago, 6-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: Plano Orginization

(...) When your collection gets big enough, you will find these boxes totally inadequate for basic brick sorting. My bricks are in quart and gallon sized Zip Loc Slide-Loc bags (actually, I've been switching to Hefty's bags, their slider is better). (...) (25 years ago, 6-Jan-00, to lugnet.storage)

  Re: NQC wishlist

(...) I think 1 and 2 are the ones that would be really needed. 2 would be useful in writing macros to emulate arrays or "small" variables. But maybe there will be support for that in the compiler... cheers /Vlad (25 years ago, 6-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: A new pirate ship.

(...) A two gun deck pirate ship? Ah....a Hollywood vessel! That's just up the freeway from the lab here in Pasadena. :-) (...) Honestly, you can take the ninja banners and Brasso off the designs. You might want to check for inverse slopes and (...) (25 years ago, 6-Jan-00, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: New sets, pictures at lego.com

(...) I'm not *quite* that excited, but I am looking forward to getting some of these. For the parts though. :) (...) Or a giant mutated rabbit that goes on a rampage through your minifig community! :) (...) Too bad it doesn't come with any green (...) (25 years ago, 6-Jan-00, to lugnet.belville)

  Re: RCX onboard timer and motor pulsing

Hi Ben, I think I missed something here. What is "PWM mode"? What language are you programing in? And what is the "internals page"? Thanks so much for pursueing this! I did pick up the Unofficial Guideo to LEGO MS Robots by Jon Knudsen but only (...) (25 years ago, 6-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.trains)

  Re: How many sets?

Thanks Kevin, If it is any consolation: Besides the 840 classic LEGO windows I got from an accumulation of London Bus sets in Michigan in 1985, 90% of all my classic windows (& doors) were found in Germany (between 1979-93). So if anyone should be (...) (25 years ago, 6-Jan-00, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Spelling

(...) That sounds almost pornographic.. Jasper (25 years ago, 6-Jan-00, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Idea for if Lego ever revives Imperials

(...) I can't say that I'd stop purchasing their products (since I already have), but yes, I would be pretty darn pissed if they rereleased the Lotus, Juzam, Library, etc. All of which I own at least one of. Jasper (25 years ago, 6-Jan-00, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Idea for if Lego ever revives Imperials

(...) Yes. There are ways around allowing them in tournaments, see that collection they did a while ago. Contained long OOP Arabian Nights cards, among others (all whitebordered this time 'round), which weren't reintroduced to tournament play. I (...) (25 years ago, 6-Jan-00, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: random post

(...) Shh. I use my shell mostly for root stuff, and I don't bother to start up a user shell for those occasional highly non-destructive tasks. (...) No clue, though I think at least some features ar incorporated in the major browsers (...) (25 years ago, 6-Jan-00, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.publish)

  WTB: LEGO Basic 715, 725, 735

I'd like to buy these BASIC sets, especially 725, preferably still unopened. (URL) drop me a note if you have any of these sets to sell. Thanks, Jim (25 years ago, 6-Jan-00, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: 8002 Destroyer Droid?

seen it no where. I did however pick up 3 landspeeders and 3 speeder bike sets at the south Toys-R-Us. They were on the returns desk and the manager didn't want to restock the items.....so....they were 4.00 ea.. Jason Spangler wrote in message (...) (25 years ago, 6-Jan-00, to lugnet.loc.us.tx.aus)

  Re: Changing from to lego-robotics

(...) I'm sorry but that would cater for the lowest common denominator, the people who write all in capitals saying "me too" whilst quoting the entire previous message below your new text. In HTML. People should get better mail clients and get (...) (25 years ago, 6-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Mindstorms destroy my pocketbook!

I find my biggest impediment to robotic progress is being unwilling to disassemble even half-finished bots. ::: snif :: I can't justify the expense of a half-decent digital camera at the moment (even for my desktop publishing business). Perhaps soon (...) (25 years ago, 6-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics)

  Year 2000 lego catalog

If anyone has an extra Year 2000 in-box Lego catalog (ie the one shown here: (URL) that they are willing to part with please let me know. Thanks. (25 years ago, 6-Jan-00, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Space Cowboys! Help, help!!

Aber Klar, Doe, (...) Schließlich weiß ich immer, wo mein Handtuch ist.... (...) Du bist ein Schatz. Du hast Dir Deine Spacemanschgerl verdient. Apropos....? Die gammeln hier rum! Mach's gut und danke für den Fisch, Bine_lugnet_laufend (25 years ago, 6-Jan-00, to lugnet.loc.de)

  Re: Problems with RCX Robolab and PowerMacs 6400/200 and 5500/225

Thanks for the reply, I really enjoyed your book. My son (age 13) also enjoyed it. He's starting out using ROBOLAB, but your book has sparked an interest in C (like) programming. I look forward to a sequel. (...) (25 years ago, 6-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.edu, lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab, lugnet.edu, lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: How many sets?

(...) Ya, you might have been good off the line, but you just didn't have what it takes to win the, race and Gary blew past you well before the finish line. His E/Ts are nothing short of phenomenal. (speaking of which, when I was at Old Town in (...) (25 years ago, 6-Jan-00, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Legofest

... inoltre non ho mica tutto questo tempo da perdere con i mattoncini, IO! Devo anche fare il sito web di mia nonna, IO! Per ora sono alle prime prove di foto, ma prossimamente farò un lavoro decente e potrete realizzare le prime mirabolanti (...) (25 years ago, 6-Jan-00, to lugnet.loc.it)

  Re: Automatic decoupler designs?

I wonder if we'll ever see Kadee couplers made specially for LEGO trains? (25 years ago, 6-Jan-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: FS: R2D2 decorative pieces from Droid Dev Kit?

(...) Actually it's programmable via visible light from a Scout (RDS). It speaks VLL (see pages 66..68 of the Scout SDK). Even so, it only has a light sensor and one builtin motor. Its builtin seek-light program (reverse until you see, light, then (...) (25 years ago, 6-Jan-00, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.robotics.microscout)

  Brickshelf gets slashdotted

Kevin, Prepare your ISP - you've just been slashdotted.... Cheers, Ralph Hempel - P.Eng ---...--- Check out pbFORTH for LEGO Mindstorms at: (URL) ---...--- Reply to: rhempel at bmts dot com ---...--- (25 years ago, 6-Jan-00, to lugnet.build)

  Re: Automatic decoupler designs?

GMLTC had a design for uncoupling, and there have been others posting here speaking of this. Not much hard info is available on the GMLTC design in terms of pictures, but it uses horizontal prying, as you suggest. The idea of a switch engine with an (...) (25 years ago, 6-Jan-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Legofest

... e comunque abbandoniamo questo thread, vi prego. Mi tocca scorrere la lista dei messaggi per ORE pre trovarlo. (25 years ago, 6-Jan-00, to lugnet.loc.it)

  Re: Legofest

(...) più (...) Gli orari impossibili, purtroppo, sono dovuti al lavoro ;-) Non so voi, ma noi liberi professionisti per comprarci i mattoncini dobbiamo stare 10, 11, 15, 17, 18 ore chini sul fatturato ;;;-) (25 years ago, 6-Jan-00, to lugnet.loc.it)

  Re: How many sets?

(...) Hey, I'm close to Gary in at least one of these. I have something close to 30 clear macaroni bricks (and a minimum of the same in red and white). (...) Hey I have more red than Gary, I have at least 36... I also have at least 2 blue. (...) Ooh (...) (25 years ago, 6-Jan-00, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Adventurers DinoIsland Research Glider

(...) I have not Jim, but you just started the avalanche that is my interest in the Adventurers line. I'll see what I can find out and let you and everyone else know ASAP. Cheers, Mark L (25 years ago, 6-Jan-00, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.adventurers)

  8223 Instructions Needed

I'm in the process of separating a lot I won on eBay that includes set 8223 (Hydrofoil 7). As this lot had no instruction booklets and this set isn't on Brickshelf all I can do is ask if anyone can send me scans of them. Please reply via email if (...) (25 years ago, 6-Jan-00, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Scale?

(...) For minifig scale, 3.5 studs per *meter* probably works pretty well. I tend to stick with approx. 1 stud per foot (not that I ever calculate dimensions). --Bram Bram Lambrecht / o o \ BramL@juno.com ---...---oooo-----(_...o---...--- WWW: (URL) (...) (25 years ago, 5-Jan-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Changing from to lego-robotics

(...) Simply use the filtering capability of your email reader, like many of us do. ___...___ Marco C. aka McViper (25 years ago, 6-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: 5823 Millimy's Bedroom

(...) Yup, I don't think there are any parts which are not visible in the picture. (...) Note I said "For anyone ACTUALLY collecting...". Actually, I'll probably end up buying the couple 199 sets I don't have, I have so many of the Millimys that I (...) (25 years ago, 6-Jan-00, to lugnet.belville, lugnet.reviews)

  Re: Some Belville parts questions

(...) No, it's more crown shaped, and has a tiny pin on the bottom which fits into the hole all the Belville figures have on the top of their head (this pin is the same size as the pin on the 3 pronged flower stems). (...) Haven't seen one yet. (...) (25 years ago, 6-Jan-00, to lugnet.belville)

  Adventurers DinoIsland Research Glider

Etoys has a listing under their Adventurers section for a "Research Glider." The price was $7.99, but it's out of stock, and an "image is coming soon." I'm wondering if this is one of the new Adventurers Dino Island sets, the 5921 Research Glider. (...) (25 years ago, 6-Jan-00, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.adventurers)

  Re: NYC Legofest

(...) Still Interested for Jan 29th. As Erik stated I'm trying to work with the RIS 1.0 and NQC. I'm having issues with the basic Tracker.nqc but they are probably due to environment: line size and color. Mike Lunny (25 years ago, 6-Jan-00, to lugnet.loc.us.ny, lugnet.loc.us.nj)

  Re: "Evil Timmy" Red Bull

(...) I think I am in the minority here but the "Evil Timmy" fig does not bother me to much. With his helmet on it just looks like facial hair to me. His face is not the overly cutesy little boy face of Timmy. Some others say they think his torso (...) (25 years ago, 6-Jan-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: getting started making pieces

(...) Welcome - new part authors are always welcome. The following is my preferred method of doing decorated parts as is a good grounding if you go on to author complete parts - others have had some success with BMP2DAT for decorated parts. 1. (...) (25 years ago, 6-Jan-00, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: What all has TLC done?

(...) Sure, but luckily, the town space port astronauts are very cool, and available for purchase by themselves and as part of a pretty decent cheap set (#6463). (25 years ago, 6-Jan-00, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Idea for if Lego ever revives Imperials

(...) Definitely. Again, it's been a while, but if I remember right, tournament rules only allow cards of the most current two revisions. This allows them to slowly fix mistakes they made in the past. (Of course, people playing on their own love to (...) (25 years ago, 6-Jan-00, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: GB #5 (2 of 2)

If that's the case, so be it. Mookie, can I be moved down a few slots on GB #5 then? I don't think I shouls miss out completely, or get bumped to the bottom just because of how the lists worked out. (...) (25 years ago, 6-Jan-00, to lugnet.market.jambalaya)

  Re: "Evil Timmy" Red Bull

(...) He's in the 'Axe Cart' set, if that helps. There's a pic at (URL) you can't make out too much detail. He's got silver eyes, a little smile, and this sprinkling of black dots between his eyes and smile that look like freckles. Someone (Craig (...) (25 years ago, 6-Jan-00, to lugnet.castle)

  NQC beta test release policy

As this is my first post to this newsgroup, I thought I'd start by saying how wonderful I think nqc is etc. I got the RIS 1.5 for xmas and had nqc up and running in no time on my linux system. As well as being an excellent language and bytecode (...) (25 years ago, 6-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: FS: R2D2 decorative pieces from Droid Dev Kit?

(...) It IS programmable via IR if you have an IR from an RIS. that seems to increase the versatility a fair bit, akthough I haven't tried it yet. (25 years ago, 6-Jan-00, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: Looking for a sealed 6337 Fast Track Finish

(...) That may be in AUS dollars so it's not that big an upcharge, but you'd also be paying shipping. But I'm not sure if Mark meant Australian or had already converted to USD. (25 years ago, 6-Jan-00, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: Tough to find pieces

(...) Aha. I was looking at the picture of 6077, the US release, on LUGNET - and it appears to have the 'holy' cylinder. It looks like only the European set (677) had the cylinder with the solid top. So that would explain your problems... After a (...) (25 years ago, 6-Jan-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Ultimate Collector series (different pics)

(...) The one pictured is minifig scaled. It is selectively compressed, afterall. Jeff (25 years ago, 6-Jan-00, to lugnet.starwars)

Skipped 33 messages in groups lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.off-topic.fun, lugnet.off-topic.test (Skip-filter settings)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact