 Robotics / RCX / NQC / 345
344  |  346
Subject:
NQC beta test release policy
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc
Date:
Thu, 6 Jan 2000 13:52:47 GMT

As this is my first post to this newsgroup, I thought I'd start by
saying how wonderful I think nqc is etc. I got the RIS 1.5 for xmas and
had nqc up and running in no time on my linux system. As well as being
an excellent language and bytecode compiler, another good thing about
NQC is that it's Free Software.

In the light of this fact I find it somewhat illogical that the NQC 2.1
beta test is a closed source binaries-only release. Not only does it
exclude those unable to run mac/win32 binaries, but it also makes the
bugfix process more difficult.

I would be interested to hear thoughts on this.

TIA

--
Leonard Stiles
email: lstiles@hotpop.com