 Robotics / RCX / NQC / 354
Re: NQC beta test release policy
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc
Date:
Fri, 7 Jan 2000 06:13:20 GMT

In article <FnyAIF.L9u@lugnet.com>, "Dennis Clark" <dlc@verinet.com> wrote:

In lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc, Dave Baum writes:
[snip]
As for excluding the non mac/win users from the beta, historically I never
felt this was too big a deal.  In the NQC demographic, windows users by
far outnumber all other platforms combined.  I've only continued to
release mac as beta since I build it anyway for my own regression tests
(which are done on a mac).  In fact, I've even been considering
eliminating the mac beta.

Dave!  No, please don't eliminate the Mac!  I love not being tied to a PC for
my NQC work!  Say it ain't so!

It ain't so....

I use a Mac almost exclusively myself, so Mac support for NQC is here to
stay.  The final releases of NQC would continue to include Mac (MPW tool),
Win, and Linux versions.  MacNQC would still be around (both beta tests
and final versions).

The only thing I'm considering eliminating is beta versions of the NQC MPW
tool.   On one hand, it probably doesn't make sense to only beta Win/Mac.
Either beta everything, or just Win.  On the other hand I'm a stubborn Mac
user, so I'd be tempted to continue the Mac betas even if nobody was
downloading them.

Dave Baum

--
reply to: dbaum at enteract dot com