 Trains / 3495
Re: Automatic decoupler designs?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Thu, 6 Jan 2000 16:22:39 GMT

On Thu, 6 Jan 2000, Ben Jackson (<Fnx0A5.L6I@lugnet.com>) wrote at
13:03:41

I haven't played much with an on-track mechanism, but the best bet seems to be
prying the magnets apart sideways, since the forces involved in pushing cars
apart exceed the force required to derail a car, and applying that force
accurately is tough.

Has anyone thought of using an electromagnet at track level to overpower
the magnetic coupling?

I've no idea if this would be practical, and it's non-LEGO, but it might
be worth a try.
--
Tony Priestman