 Trains / 4564
Re: Automatic decoupler designs?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Thu, 2 Mar 2000 19:36:11 GMT

* Jeff Christner (regult@aol.com) [000106 16:25]:
The Kadee couplers I modified to use on my LEGO train layout worked
perfectly. I never had a Kadee coupler break off from the bricks it
was attached to, even when coupling very hard to the car, nor did I
ever experience any coupler problems when pulling trains 10 cars long.
While I have removed some of the pictures on my train page, there is
still enough technical information on my Kadee/LEGO conversion at this
page:

http://members.aol.com/regult/operation.html

I was nearly ready to take down this part of my site to make more room
for my other creations, but for now, its still around.

Jeff:
        If you put it up on http://lego.gerf.org/ you won't have to
        keep it on your site and others can add to it.  You can
        upload pictures and everything. :)

        If you don't want to do that, can you tell me why?  As I'm
        trying to make this attractive to people with ideas, but am
        not having much success.

        BTW: You idea is absolutely the coolest thing. Too bad lego
        just doesn't make 'em.

PS: What does Kadee mean/stand for?  I played with these on my old
'O' Amtrak E/F carbody, but I'm never knew the name.

Ciao!

--
"No matter where you go, there you are."
--Buckaroo Banzai (Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai)

The Doctor What: Second Baseman                  http://docwhat.gerf.org/
docwhat@gerf.org                    (finger docwhat@gerf.org for PGP key)
KF6VNC