 Trains / 4565
Re: Apathy? (was: WAMALUG's GATS Layout was a huge success!)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.trains, lugnet.org.us.wamalug
Date:
Thu, 2 Mar 2000 19:44:33 GMT

Larry Pieniazek wrote:

(compare to:
http://my.voyager.net/lar/BW_station_trackside_3qtr_view.JPG

They are quite similar.  I modeled mine on a few pics of stations that
I saw on some historical site.  I wish I had enough black slopes for the
roof, it's a little red.  Space limitations on the WAMALUG layout
didn't allow for a the platform width or length that I wanted.

Dan Boger and I were talking about making a new station where there
are minifigs waiting on the platform, and when the train pulls up and
stops, they get lifted inside the station/platform/roof/wherever
somehow to make the illusion of activity.  We think this will be
a simple mindstorms project.

-Chris