 General / 15937
Re: Apathy? (was: WAMALUG's GATS Layout was a huge success!)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.org.us, lugnet.org.us.wamalug
Date:
Sat, 4 Mar 2000 17:35:10 GMT

Jeff Stembel wrote in message ...
Why has there been such apathy towards Wamalug's train shows?  In the past
month, there have been a total of nine messages from non-members about our
setups.  There has been absolutly no discussion, no critiques, and very • little
praise.  Do you all just not care?  Does everyone think we aren't good • enough
to even deign to speak to us?  Heck, we've even mentioned (twice) we
successfully had DCC in our setups, and there is hardly a peep.  I've seen • tons
of messages asking how to do it in the past year, and when it *is* done, no • one
cares.  I'm sorry, but since there seems to be no interest, I am seriously
considering discontinuing these types of posts.

I was suitably impressed, but I hardly ever post congratulations. Dunno why.
I would hope you do the shows for personal satisfaction and social
interaction and not for lugnet fawning.