 Trains / 3499
Re: Automatic decoupler designs?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Thu, 6 Jan 2000 19:16:50 GMT

OK, got it.  Instructions even included.

http://members.xoom.com/jrickclark/ak-decoupler.html

Alan

In lugnet.trains, Alan Demlow writes:
I recall somebody posting pictures of a design that sounds like the below here
(or maybe on RTL?--but I'm pretty sure it was here) not tooooo long ago.  I
think the stubby tapered beam can be had for example in the red Technic • chopper
that's been on clearance at KB outlets, Big Lots, etc.   It was a very elegant
design, and worked very well from what he said.  Maybe I'll search to see if I
can find it--it looked to me to solve the problem most elegantly.

Alan

BTW we had a really nice guy visit a PNLTC display in Seattle that had a
wonderful and very clean and simple solution to the decouplers. It used a
rubber band limited rack driven by a motor. Ir pryed the couplers apart using
a stubby tappered technic beam at the bumpers.
DanParker do you recall his name? I unfortunately have forgotten!
SteveB
PNLTC
PS stubbier then this one http://www.auczilla.com/lego/xi/lot/?DLL01