 Trains / 3497
Re: Automatic decoupler designs?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Thu, 6 Jan 2000 18:34:41 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Frank Filz writes:
I wonder if we'll ever see Kadee couplers made specially for LEGO
trains?

--
Frank Filz

That'd be great, Frank!
I generated a few flimsy Kadee/LEGO conversion prototypes, but I need to beef
them up before they withstand contant use.  My kids destroy them in no time,
and thus function as excellent beta testers for my designs.

I never thought of asking Kadee directly for such a conversion kit - I'll have
to give them a try.  They certainly knew what I wanted their short O scale
couplers for when I ordered them.  Maybe they can do it for us?  Until then,
I'd love to get a production run of these converted couplers out to whoever
wanted them in the LEGO train community.

hmmm....
Ed