 Trains / 3504
Re: Automatic decoupler designs?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Fri, 7 Jan 2000 03:08:13 GMT

Ben Jackson wrote:

In lugnet.trains, Steven Barile writes:
BTW we had a really nice guy visit a PNLTC display in Seattle that had a
wonderful and very clean and simple solution to the decouplers. It used a
rubber band limited rack driven by a motor. Ir pryed the couplers apart using
a stubby tappered technic beam at the bumpers.

PS stubbier then this one http://www.auczilla.com/lego/xi/lot/?DLL01

Wow, sounds like the foot beams that come with the DDK.  I'm not sure I'm
picturing this right, since if you inserted those slope-out I'd think you'd
derail one or both cars before they separated.

--Ben

There are at least 4 in the 8277 set. (The large robot one in yellow.) I picked it
up for a steal at Zellers.

Dean