 General / 13219
Re: Do you build sets you buy for parts?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 6 Jan 2000 17:33:54 GMT

Ben Jackson wrote:

When you buy a set for parts (or multiple copies of it) do you always build at
least one of the actual model?  I may have just bought too many sets in the
last few weeks, but I don't really feel like building a 4561 (much less 4 of
them, although all the coaches together might be entertaining), or the R2D2
droid, or a couple of technic cars...

If I think a set that I really did buy just for the parts might be a
little interesting, I do build it, but only one copy (unless it is used,
in which case I try and build to check for completeness - but that's
getting way behind). Sets bought purely for parts (esp. multiple copies)
get sorted without being built. For one thing, it is easier to sort
pieces as the come out of the bags.

--
Frank Filz

Home: mailto:ffilz@mindspring.com