 General / 13229
Re: Do you build sets you buy for parts?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 6 Jan 2000 20:09:22 GMT

Ben Jackson <ben@ben.com> wrote:
When you buy a set for parts (or multiple copies of it) do you always build
at least one of the actual model?  I may have just bought too many sets in
the last few weeks, but I don't really feel like building a 4561 (much less
4 of them, although all the coaches together might be entertaining), or the
R2D2 droid, or a couple of technic cars...

I never buy things for the sets -- all of the purchases are for parts. That
said, I usually do put together the set first thing, partly as a sort of
Lego Ritual. With a lot of technic stuff, I'm glad that I do -- I often
learn interesting construction techniques.