 General / 13375
Re: Do you build sets you buy for parts?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sun, 9 Jan 2000 15:24:48 GMT

No you're not alone in this, Though I fear we are a minority :(
I do it a little different though because I do build a lot of MOC's.

I buy multiple copies of a set in order to have parts to build with,
though one always stays in it's box after it's built, anything after
that goes into the parts bins for building MOC's. Sometimes if I can't
wait to use the parts before I've got the money to get another one of
them, the next one will stay in the box and sometimes doesn't get opened
then. If I were to dump them all into the pile, I'd be afraid of trading
off some parts that I'd need to complete the set in the end, and I don't
like that idea I guess :(  I always want to know that I can rebuild the
set at any point I might like to. and it's easier to do that from a
boxed set then from the parts bins!

Just my way of dealing with this I guess :)

Tamy

Mike Reed wrote:

Out of curiosity, am I one of the few who buy the sets for the sets. I don't
typically build to many MOCs, and if I do it is from an old carrying case full
of misc. pieces. Also, I store all my sets in their original boxes with
instructions.  Am I in the minority here?

Mike

--
Keep on Bricken'
-Tamy