 Star Wars / 5314
Re: B-Wing Review
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars, lugnet.reviews
Date:
Thu, 6 Jan 2000 18:07:21 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, Eric Kingsley writes:

I doubt I will rate the model quite as high as you because just from the
picture I see some things I don't like but then again I am biased having built
one myself and spent much time and effort in reserch and design.

I am reserving judgement until I have it in my hands though.  It does look like
it has a wonderful part selection and the Smoked Canopy is a bonus and I will
quickly retrofit my B-Wing with it.

I also plan on posting compair and contrast pictures of the set with my B-Wing
which I think might be very interesting.

Your B-Wing is definitely superior to the Lego one.  As I said, the set is a
fair representation of the ship (minus the engine compartment), although the
ship itself is a bit unsubstantial compared to the "real" thing.  The Lego
version just isn't bulky enough.  But, the Lego version is redeemed, IMO, by the
fact that it looks good (has a nice color scheme), has some neat parts, and is
just fun to play with.  For what it is, the B-Wing is just a really cool set.  I
admit that my glowing review may be colored by the fact that it was a really
great unexpected suprise to actually have a great unexpected suprise (I picked
out all of my other Lego presents.)  Believe it or not, it has become my
favorite SW set (with the A-Wing coming in a close 2nd.)

James