 Dear LEGO / 1300
Re: Idea for if Lego ever revives Imperials
Newsgroups:
lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Thu, 6 Jan 2000 15:37:00 GMT

On Thu, 6 Jan 2000 01:49:52 GMT, mattdm@mattdm.org (Matthew Miller)
wrote:
Jasper Janssen <jasper@janssen.dynip.com> wrote:

Yet do you really think it'd be a good business idea to rerelease all
the powerhouse cards?

Oooh, it's been a long time since I've played that game. But, weren't most
of the out-of-print powerful cards removed because of being broken in some
way or another? That's not a problem with lego sets, is it?

Yes. There are ways around allowing them in tournaments, see that
collection they did a while ago. Contained long OOP Arabian Nights
cards, among others (all whitebordered this time 'round), which
weren't reintroduced to tournament play.

I _still_ need to just do something about selling the darn-tooting
things (I've still got a collection containing about half a set of AN
in M+, three Lotuses, etc.).

The analogy is flawed, very flawed even[1], but I couldn't think of
anything better.

Jasper

[1] Collectors are not the mainstay of Lego customers..