 Dear LEGO / 1056
Re: Idea for if Lego ever revives Imperials
Newsgroups:
lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Thu, 23 Dec 1999 01:06:07 GMT

Timbo <tcoats@cyberis.net> wrote:
I have a good idea for Lego if they rerelease Imperial Soldiers at some
point.  Print on different colored torsos, red guards on red torsos,
blue guards on blue torsos.  This would make the distinction between the
classic ones and the new ones obvious, so value would be collectable
value of the old kind wouldn't be affected as much.

Ah, who cares about preserving the value of older sets for
collectors?

I think you could make the argument that blue or red torsos would be
better or cooler, but I for one wouldn't give a flying rodent's
behind about the effect revising older sets/minifigs would have on
the "collectors' market" - and I bet most people would agree with
me.

Re-issue 6067 and 6071 - identical in every way to the original, at
the original price (or close to it).  I'll buy 50 of each myself,
and not care one bit that the "value" of my older ones just
fell through the floor.

--
The parts you want and nothing else?
http://www.guarded-inn.com/bricks/