  *86309 (-100)
  Re: Color Schemes of Passenger Trains

(...) My forte' is more along the lines of green engines :) Ones with Castle, Saint, Hall type names :) That or LMS stuff (Black 5's, Princesses and so on) I'd have to dig through what little I have left on US railways ( I gave away my MR collection (...) (25 years ago, 21-Dec-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Introducing LEGO Direct

(...) Superheros, (...) favorite (...) scale (...) I'm sorry but I personally would have to respectfully disagree with modelling millatry items on ethical grounds. Modelling classic items maybe. It is one thing I admire about The Lego Group is that (...) (25 years ago, 21-Dec-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Longest train?

Not quite...it is CN and BNSF. :( although, I can see why. The Canadian railways have always had some US feeder lines (CN owned CV and GTW (CN used to be GT :) ). It makes sense, since the 2 railways in Canada compete with each other, and then the (...) (25 years ago, 21-Dec-99, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Quick Clubcar Q

I heard the Club Car (Euro Express Tourist Car - 4547) described as being a "Limited Edition". Is this really the case, or is it just my seller's hype? Or perhaps it was just limited in the UK? see it: (URL) A (25 years ago, 21-Dec-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 2000 Sets at local Targets

Wal-Mart at S. Brodie LN. was wiped out yesterday over lunch..... Jason Spangler wrote in message <385EF5A9.AB313E27@w...es.com>... (...) pick up (...) also (...) shopping), (...) though, (...) Millenium (...) (25 years ago, 21-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.us.tx.aus)

  Re: Powering trains w/ RCX

If there is a "cost" issue between the 1.0 and 1.5, Has anyone seen the savings passed on to the buyers? Probably too mutch to ask.... ;-) -Rich (...) (25 years ago, 21-Dec-99, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: Seeking info - Defense Archer - Europe only set?

Jeff Stembel wrote in message ... (...) we (...) It was in one of the groups I don't normally read - Lugnet.dear-lego, I think. The only person from TLC who communicates with AFOLs through Lugnet openly, reprimanded the people who posted preview (...) (25 years ago, 21-Dec-99, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  January get-together

Hey wafolies First off, check out the great holiday-seasoned picture we've got on the wafol page (thanks for that one, ashley): (URL) getting pretty close to january 2000 and i wanted to remind you all that we are planning another get-together for (...) (25 years ago, 21-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.us.ut)

  Re: Seeking info - Defense Archer - Europe only set?

(...) When did they say we couldn't discuss it? I doen't remember reading that. (...) Yeah, it is set 4801 Defense Archer, but it comes with the black mustached guy, not the brown mustached guy. Jeff (25 years ago, 21-Dec-99, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: Color Schemes of Passenger Trains

John Warren wrote: Does anyone know the history of color schemes for (...) Not me, color schemes, especially prewar, are not my forte'. I DO think that UP switched to the Armour Yellow and grey with red stripe very early post war... (25 years ago, 21-Dec-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Experimenting with Brasso (tm)

Would this work on transparent printed pieces? Would the piece still be transparent? I am hoping to do this to the new Castle (stained glass) windows. -- Have fun! John The Legos you've been dreaming of... (URL) weird Lego site: (URL) Davidson (...) (25 years ago, 21-Dec-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: GATS Tampa Show...

Never pass up an opportunity to promote 8 wide, eh? (25 years ago, 21-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.us.fl, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Experimenting with Brasso (tm)

(...) Does it make a difference if you allow the Brasso to set for awhile? That is, if you apply some to the brick and let it soak before trying to buff off the printing? Dave! (25 years ago, 21-Dec-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: My website to be in the next Technic Magazine?

Masking the logo with blue is my agreement with TLC, I didn't want to get into trouble with the Legal Dept again.... -- Michael Please reply on medwards@ukonline.co.uk Home of the UK Technic Club Magazine Web site: www.technic-uk.co.uk (URL) to be (...) (25 years ago, 21-Dec-99, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Powering trains w/ RCX

(...) Despite the fact that a lot of people here use wall power, I think that CA is probably right in that the vast majority of mindstorms robots are vehicles. Ah well. Something for "Dear Lego".... (25 years ago, 21-Dec-99, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: Experimenting with Brasso (tm)

(...) ~ quit yer winnin' soldier! this WAR! _war_ against the pre-printed goofy faces that limit our building options! ;-)> if you thought the mc-d's slopes were tough, try doing this to a dozen aqua slopes from rock raiders. these textured slopes (...) (25 years ago, 21-Dec-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: What are the *REAL* Y2K sets?

(...) How's this: Y2K Missile Command Base. Comes with 20 Military Personel, all trying to prevent the computers from launching all the Nuclear Missiles when the date rolls over. Can you, the Lego Maniac, reprogram the computers in time? Of course (...) (25 years ago, 21-Dec-99, to lugnet.general)

  battery box (etc.) colors?

Hi all, I'm only into technic a little bit. I did some analysis of Dacta kits as educational tools for my master's degree, and I've put together some small kits. But with the 8480 sale at ZB I was forced to buy a large techic set and build it. Wow! (...) (25 years ago, 21-Dec-99, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: New technic MOC: Gecko Seven

(...) I'm especially happy that you liked the photos. I would normally use a 200mm lens for pictures like this, but as my compact camera was still loaded with a partially exposed film, I tried it out. Of course, with this approach, the lightning (...) (25 years ago, 21-Dec-99, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: My website to be in the next Technic Magazine?

I have question, somehow stupid maybe, but what is the purpose of masking Lego logos with blue? Is it part of your agreement with TLC about displaying them? Selçuk Michael Edwards <medwards@ukonline.co.uk> wrote in message (...) (25 years ago, 21-Dec-99, to lugnet.technic)

  FA (eBay) Technic, Pirates, Adventurers Promos and More...

Here is a complete list of New, sealed sets on eBay (see below for complete list with links), thanks for looking, -Rob. ***** System 3026 Silver Anniversary Tub Adventurers 5905 Gail Storm and 5906 Achu, Ruler of the Jungle Adventurers 1182/1183 (...) (25 years ago, 21-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.auction)

  Student Researching CAD/CADD systems for modular building Consturction

HI, I first apologise if this is annoying to anyone. I am an Undergraduate student doing a project on CAD/CAAD systems for modular building design and construction. As Lego is a modular building constrcution system (albiet) on a small scale I was (...) (25 years ago, 21-Dec-99, to lugnet.cad)

  Text to Speech capability on the RCX

Hi, A bit of a silly question, but does the RCX have a dedicated speaker or can it only play tones? I want to see if I can create a TTS engine that handles a very small number of phonemes (spelled correctly??) using LegOS or NQC. Thanks. Ram -- ,,,, (...) (25 years ago, 21-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: FOUND! Re: 2000 LEGO

(...) Target seems like the place to start. My wife told me that she saw the new Arctic sets at the Broomfield Target on Sunday. I haven't gone there myself to see what all they have for the rest of the Y2K sets though. More than likely I'll go (...) (25 years ago, 21-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.us.co)

  Droideka LEGO (8002)?

Has anyone picked up 8002? Seems like it is not out yet. I have picked up all the other news SW sets (7 in total). Just waiting on 8002 and the 5 big ones in the summer :) Thx (25 years ago, 21-Dec-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: My website to be in the next Technic Magazine?

Michael Edwards wrote in message ... (...) Congratulations!! Too bad the Technic Mag. is UK only :>(( May want to link to Brickshelf, too. Todd, Huw, and Kevin have all dedicated not only time, but large amounts of server space to the Lego (...) (25 years ago, 21-Dec-99, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: High Bandwidth webpage

(...) eric (25 years ago, 21-Dec-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Praise from the US!!!!

(...) I have to confess that was me, and me again, Ian Bishop. High praise indeed - I'm glad you liked it. It was modelled on our Border-Collie, Tess, and is about 2/3 life-size. It was my first serious attempt at an 'MOC', and I was very pleased (...) (25 years ago, 21-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: 2000 sets at LLW

(...) A droid developer kit for the wife, sounds like a good swap! :) (The old ones are always the best). Ian Bishop, Ayrshire, UK (25 years ago, 21-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: Babelfish question (was Re: Cross posting in eu (was: Aaargh!)

(...) I think this is perfectly acceptable. Especially since all of the links on your page end up getting redirected through the babelfish form, thus generating ad revenue if anyone clicks on any one of your links. (25 years ago, 21-Dec-99, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.publish)

  Re: ldraw.org parts refernce list..

(...) LOL, gosh Tommie [1], just cause I said 'it doesn't phase me' on AIM regarding different (diminutive) spellings of my name, doesn't mean you have to go public and address me as that ;) [1] <ducks, runs> :) -Tim (URL) timcourtne ICQ: 23951114 (...) (25 years ago, 21-Dec-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: New technic MOC: Gecko Seven

How Sweet It Is!! The view of the left rear is just so fine! Great job on the model and the photography is just super. -- Bob Fay rfay@we.mediaone.net The Shop (URL) Glöckner" <fredrik.glockner@bio.uio.no> wrote in message (...) (25 years ago, 21-Dec-99, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Enough already

Um.... "Busing children...?" "Yes, '"busing" children.' Not 'busting,' 'busing.'" "Oh..... "Never mind!" ---...--- Well, then, sorry about all that. I have GOT to find a better way to decipher all these (convoluted) threads. Todd seemed (to me) to (...) (25 years ago, 20-Dec-99, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: New technic MOC: Gecko Seven

(...) Thank you! (...) I'm actually not too sure about this myself. Whenever I try to build a model at this scale, it ends up being extremely heavy if I add the "skin". While the "full body" can look nice, it also makes it almost impossible to make (...) (25 years ago, 21-Dec-99, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: New technic MOC: Gecko Seven

(...) They are basically the same as the dark grey ones from 8417. They have fewer coils than the "old" ones, and are a bit stiffer. I originally built the vehicle with the old style shocks, but it turned out that they were a tad bit too soft. So I (...) (25 years ago, 21-Dec-99, to lugnet.technic)

  parts.lst and mklst(?).exe.

Hi all! The other day I was working a bit on a program that can parse dat files under linux. Now, I have my dat files, along with ldraw and mlcad installed on a Windows partition. All the dat files that come with the ldraw package and updates there (...) (25 years ago, 21-Dec-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  FA (ebay): unopened sets from Castle/Pirate/Space

I managed to take advantage of free-listing day and get a few auctions up, expiring Dec. 30. Here's the list, all pieces-in-mint-condition-never removed-from-box: LEGO Castle #2872 Witch's Fireplace DUTCH [12 copies] LEGO Castle #6043 Dragon (...) (25 years ago, 21-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.auction)

  Re: My website to be in the next Technic Magazine?

(...) Me please : (URL) will be a good excuse to tart it up a bit, and add a few more pages. Perhaps you should also add a link to the lugnet.loc.uk: (URL) will it be published? Scott A (25 years ago, 21-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: New technic MOC: Gecko Seven

(...) Very Cool!! I like it a lot. I don't do a lot of Technic stuff myself but I really like your model. Mostly because you gave it "skin" and did not leave it "open framed" like most Technic sets. Keep up the good work. Eric Kingsley The New (...) (25 years ago, 21-Dec-99, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: New technic MOC: Gecko Seven

FG> I've built a formel-like racing car based on the 8880 wheels, FG> suspension and transmission. It's nothing really special. The FG> transmission and gear box is a little bit simpler than what's seen FG> on the 8880, and the front suspension is a (...) (25 years ago, 21-Dec-99, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Saint Louis Club

It sounds good to me, too. I haven't seen too many clubs with really catchy names, so I think it will work. Plus it kinda sounds like WAMALUG. So, people will know its the same type of thing. -- Have fun! John The Legos you've been dreaming of... (...) (25 years ago, 21-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.us.mo.stl, lugnet.loc.us.mo.kan)

  My website to be in the next Technic Magazine?

Hello all I am very happy as i have spoke to a friend at Lego UK (Wrexham), They said that they are going to include my website www.technic-uk.co.uk in the next issue of the UK Technic Club magazine. This is a move that i remonnmed to them to get (...) (25 years ago, 21-Dec-99, to lugnet.technic)

  My website to be in the next Technic Magazine?

Hello all I am very happy as i have spoke to a friend at Lego UK (Wrexham), They said that they are going to include my website www.technic-uk.co.uk in the next issue of the UK Technic Club magazine. This is a move that i remonnmed to them to get (...) (25 years ago, 21-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.uk)

  Lego Box

I search a good storage system for my technic lego. My problem is that I don't want to use such small compartments because the many pieces. At this moment I use my largest boxes (8880 twice, 8485, 8448, 8460, 8462, 8479, 8480, 8482, 9719, 8094 and (...) (25 years ago, 21-Dec-99, to lugnet.storage)

  Re: Why not wait

Yes, I can do that but the problem is that most of you already see the movie in the theater. I haven't and it is impossible for me to see it in the theather anyway because I am deaf! That is why I asked when the video will be out, so I can rent it (...) (25 years ago, 21-Dec-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Minitalia Lego sets (from Italy)

(...) I have two sets of Minitalia and will show some scans on my homepage as soon as possible ((URL) called them the "x-bricks" because they have a X instead of an O in the brick; because of this, they don't fit that well together like O-bricks (...) (25 years ago, 21-Dec-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: random() compile problems

(...) Yes, it looks like random is in a private library of mine, sorry. With all the exciting networking development happening, count on 0.2.4 being released soon, it will contain random() again. (...) For small amounts of random numbers, you may (...) (25 years ago, 21-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: trouble uploading *.mpd's

(...) Geocities only accepts a few extensions, you'll have to rename it (you could use a name like "myfile.mpd.txt") or zip it. Leonardo (25 years ago, 21-Dec-99, to lugnet.cad)

  New technic MOC: Gecko Seven

I've built a formel-like racing car based on the 8880 wheels, suspension and transmission. It's nothing really special. The transmission and gear box is a little bit simpler than what's seen on the 8880, and the front suspension is a bit more (...) (25 years ago, 21-Dec-99, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.build)

  Re: from RTL ... a roundhouse

Thanks Larry for posting this (old) news! The Roundhouse is now finished, but there are still no real good pics of the turntable online. Since we start a train event in Brunswick/Germany between X-mas and New Years Eve, we want to have some (...) (25 years ago, 21-Dec-99, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org)

  E-mail Policy

Premessa: Ho visto che Mario ha cambiato, molto opportunamente, le e-mail sulla home page di itlug. Proposta: Io creerei tutti i forward necessari per gli iscritti, nel formato comune: nome.cognome@itlug.org, e poi chiederei a Mario di cambiare (...) (25 years ago, 21-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.it)

  Re: Ritocchi al sito ItLUG

Mario Ferrari <mario.ferrari@edis.it> wrote in message news:Fn38zF.MA0@lugnet.com... (...) Purtroppo, no, Carlo ci ha già lavorato..... In questo momento, sul mio server non c'è più nemmeno la home-page finta. Controllare l'url per credere... Il (...) (25 years ago, 21-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.it)

  Re: Ritocchi al sito ItLUG

(...) E' vero, però hai perso qualche battuta :-) Vai a rivederti i messaggi del 17/12 in questo stesso thread e scoprirai che abbiamo già discusso di questa trasparenza "virtuale"... (...) Carlo ci sta lavorando... (...) Grazie, io prendo la mia (...) (25 years ago, 21-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.it)

  Nuovo iscritto ItLUG: Enrico Tafuro

(...) Ecco fatto Enrico, sei sulla pagina "Iscritti" di ItLUG. Benvenuto! Spero che sarai uno dei membri attivi, quelli che partecipano alla vita sul newsgroup (questo) e magari vengono anche a qualche Legofest :-) Ciao, a presto Mario (25 years ago, 21-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.it)

  Instruction manuals wanted

Hi, Does anyone have any instruction manuals that they want to get rid of? I am particularly looking for 6559 and ninja ones? Please e,mail me what you have for sale with prices. jason-shirley@brisco...erve.co.uk Thanks, Jason (25 years ago, 21-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: Archival quality sheet protectors (was: Sorting/Storing Catalogs)

The slowest thread ever! I know this is a month (and then a year more) old, but I am catching up, too, and there's a lot to catch up on! Archival quality sheet protectors are very useful and almost a necessity for photographs, but I think (the ones (...) (25 years ago, 21-Dec-99, to lugnet.storage)

  Re: Ritocchi al sito ItLUG

(...) Allora ricapitoliamo: Il logo nel frame a sinistra e' ok. pero' mi sembra che qualcuno abbia barato :-) Invece della trasparenza gli e' stato aggiunto uno sfondo uguale allo sfondo del frame. Se non ci si presta attenzione non si nota neanche (...) (25 years ago, 21-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.it)

  Re: Acromills bins...

Do you have any pictures of these? They sound affordable and good size-wise. Might be just the right thing for getting organizized. I cross posted this to B-S-T for you... -- Have fun! John The Legos you've been dreaming of... (URL) weird Lego site: (...) (25 years ago, 21-Dec-99, to lugnet.storage, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Experimenting with Brasso (tm)

I actually went out and bought some Brasso today, after reading messages suggesting that it could remove the printing from Lego bricks. I tried it with several of the smooth McDonald's slopes (pictures of Grimace), and with one 2x1 tile ($100 bill (...) (25 years ago, 21-Dec-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Enough already

Wow! Tom, they must really like you there. I have called a day after I made an order and they said, "Oh we'll just put that in your current order!" That was cool with me at the time, but when it comes to costing them money, I thought it would be (...) (25 years ago, 21-Dec-99, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Good starting train set

(...) Tony Priestman wrote: (...) Thanks for the pointers chaps... plenty to think about. I need to get the office organised then I'm away. :-) Neil. (25 years ago, 21-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: 2000 sets at LLW

(...) Whoops, that should indeed have been 'for' :-) And yes, it really is for my wife... I'm not being allowed near it. Neil. (25 years ago, 21-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: trouble uploading *.mpd's

(...) I've seen some people zip them and upload the zipped file instead. Other than that, I don't know. Fredrik (25 years ago, 21-Dec-99, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: 1854 Velux House

*I* want 10-20 - for myself - not for Ebay or trade or anything else ;-) Though if I GOT 20, I could probably be persuaded to trade away some of the pieces here and there - but NONE of the windows or 2x8 slopes. (...) -- Tom Stangl ***(URL) Visual (...) (25 years ago, 21-Dec-99, to lugnet.promo)

  Re: Mission Pics for BAYLUG

As I noted in another email, I have 100 more 2x4 white bricks you can borrow, and now I have six 2x3 rounded top white bricks you can also borrow. (...) -- Tom Stangl ***(URL) Visual FAQ home ***(URL) Bay Area DSMs (25 years ago, 21-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  2K Lego at Mt View Target

I found the 8520 Millenium Slizer, some other Technic set, and the small catapult castle set, that's it - they obviously had more, but the TINY Lego section is half bare, and will probably be completely empty by Friday. Nothing at the Mt View (...) (25 years ago, 21-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Re: Enough already

With the speed of their ordering system some days, calling 30 min later would make it a different box. I've called to add something on, and missed the original order - one time, I called only FIVE minutes later, and the first order was working it's (...) (25 years ago, 21-Dec-99, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Enough already

(...) For "the lego company" I get: ace them polygon (It's not that hard to follow the instructions!) acme gel typhoon (hmmmm, not sure about this one) copy theme along (surely not! LEGO was here first, wasn't it??) cagey phone molt (not those (...) (25 years ago, 21-Dec-99, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: ho trovato un miniera di LEGO...

Io l'854 ce l'avevo, una volta <:-( Facci avere la lista (se possibile con i prezzi un po' "tirati"). Sono molto interessato. PS Ma il negozio è a Roma? Se sì, dove? (25 years ago, 21-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.it)

  Re: 5206 timer

Not until the new year, in the next two weeks or so. -- Michael Please reply on medwards@ukonline.co.uk Home of the UK Technic Club Magazine Web site: www.technic-uk.co.uk (URL) to be updated, soon to be good 212 models and going up Huw Millington (...) (25 years ago, 21-Dec-99, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Powering trains w/ RCX

Uhhhh, gee, I just used some extra-long wires I got from Dacta to extend the console over to next to the couch, and plugged it in there ;-) But yeah, I want to get a couple of IR remotes too, for when I take an 8448 to work, and for my future train (...) (25 years ago, 21-Dec-99, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: LEGO goedkoop bij Intertoys

Ik heb inderdaad gezien dat er nog meer sets zeer goedkoop zijn en het verschilt per filliaal wat ze qua voorraad hebben. Ik had in Leiden de laatste Turbo Command. Best leuk ding. Greetingz... Sjaacko Martyn <m.w.delange@nospam....twente.nl> wrote (...) (25 years ago, 21-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.nl)

  Re: Image maps (HELP...me!)

I know this is a very old thread, but... Z. Unger wrote in message ... (...) make (...) IE (...) What are you talkingabout?! I'd like tohelp and hope it you got it fixed since then. (...) Instead of search engine, try one of the big download sites (...) (25 years ago, 21-Dec-99, to lugnet.publish)

  Re: Sigh......

(...) That is a pretty good price for an 8480. For the Americans that's about USD$96 at current rates (I usually convert to USD as that's my benchmark for purchasing LEGO. Pretty sad, but America is the centre of the universe <chuckle snort> ;-) If (...) (25 years ago, 21-Dec-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.au)

  Re: How to stay permanently logged in at www.lego.com

Thats pretty interesting, but I have never logged into the Lego site. I didn't know you could! It seems like I have to log into eBay all the time, though, to see other user's email addresses. Is there any way to figure out how to make that cookie (...) (25 years ago, 21-Dec-99, to lugnet.publish)

  Re: Pirate Gaming

(...) I like that coinage, "PirateFest '00." (...) That's OK. I'll just bring one ship, if it fits in my car: (URL) the other hand, I'm not sure I need to actually bring it. I can probably just fire the HG from here in Jersey, and just bring the (...) (25 years ago, 21-Dec-99, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.boats)

  Re: the set you should buy for the funny white gear

I just saw these (8735) at Shopko for 19.99. Rose Will Middelaer wrote in message ... (...) if (...) brings (...) (25 years ago, 21-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Giant Cruiser and MOC contest

(...) Do you want just the relevant measurements, or all the fictional specs? (...) Or pop your ship onto the scanner and build a composite scan? (yikes.) (...) Hmmm, I could wait the 1800 years, but 1800 years and three months is a bit much. ;) (...) (25 years ago, 21-Dec-99, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Giant Cruiser and MOC contest

(...) I still prefer "Model of Choice." :) best, LFB (25 years ago, 21-Dec-99, to lugnet.space)

  Re: What are the *REAL* Y2K sets?

(...) You know, they said this about Suez in 1956. ;) One modification: The set does not include working motors for the tug-trains. Purchase set #xxxx, "Panama Corvée Crew," to pull the ships along and work the locks/pumps with good ol' fashioned (...) (25 years ago, 21-Dec-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: What are the *REAL* Y2K sets?

(...) Best-Lock, anyone? :) It's a military brick-system coup d'etat (imagine diacritical)! (...) This could improve sales of the LEGO Disassembly Tool That Cannot Be Named™, which, I will point out, has passed all Y2K compliance tests. (...) Y2K (...) (25 years ago, 21-Dec-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: What are the *REAL* Y2K sets?

(...) Cash? Feh. It'll be worthless once everyone tries to yank theirs out. Better to have cigarettes, because you can build an empire of nicotine fiends once they run out and distribution is down! :) As for me, I've joked about putting a 50-lb bag (...) (25 years ago, 21-Dec-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Enough already

(...) I recently placed an order for 10 of one set, and they felt they had to call me the next day to confirm that I really wanted 10 and not 1 (thinking it was a clerical error). -John (...) (25 years ago, 21-Dec-99, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: What are the 10 pieces most in need of coming in 1/2s (was Re: What are the 10 worst pieces ever made by TLG?

(...) The 33'/45' slope corners, like the yellow ones in the Outback Airstrip (#6444). I would have been able to have a building that has a 45' slope on 2 sides and a 33' slope on the other two, but I can only do it if the building is 4 studs from (...) (25 years ago, 21-Dec-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Conidtion of Sets (MIB, MISB)

(...) This is the rule that I follow. I had a situation just a couple of days ago--one of my sets up for auction, although MIB, wasn't MISB (even though I'd put it down that way). I contacted the buyer immediately and offered to make it up with a (...) (25 years ago, 21-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.theory)

  Re: Quick 4565 Q

(...) TELL me about it. I built the Hot Rod version of 8448 last night (from printed directions off of the Lego site - (URL) - this is a login area that Dan Jezek mentioned off of (URL) where you enter in the lic plate # from the car to enter - it (...) (25 years ago, 21-Dec-99, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.build)

  Re: NYC Legofest

(...) I'm in too! Ideas: 1. We could poke around with whatever of the 2000 sets kind people bring. 2. MOC show and tell. Bring something original. 3. Workshop. Bring a MOC that needs help, and some extra parts. For example, I have a minifig Jeep (...) (25 years ago, 21-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.us.ny, lugnet.loc.us.nj)

  Re: Emmanuel - Thank you!

Thank you Emmanuel and Emilie!!!!:-) I also sent a Thank You directly to you as well as the list. Thanx for the great deals including the 6991's :-),:-) Merry Xmas & Happy New Millenium Milissa (...) (25 years ago, 21-Dec-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: !

(...) Hmmmm, a person saying "no refund, I'm a person, not a company," with zero feedback, a random-provider email address, asking for credit card information? That's more chutspah than I think I can eat in one sitting. Wow! I want to keep my eye (...) (25 years ago, 21-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.theory)

  Re: Longest train?

(...) Speaking of CP, I just heard today that BNSF (The merged Burlington Northern and Santa Fe) and Canadian Pacific are merging to form the largest network of track in the world (50,000 miles) and is to be based in Montreal. What next, Coke and (...) (25 years ago, 21-Dec-99, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: Enough already

(...) Well, you could call every couple days and place an order... (25 years ago, 21-Dec-99, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: ho trovato un miniera di LEGO...

Fare un annuncio di questo tipo senza poi dirci cosa c'e' ... pou' essere considerato un atto di crudelta' :(((( Rimedia subito postando l'elenco :) Non e' che ha anche dei set dei Pirati? Marco (25 years ago, 21-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.it)

  Mindstorms 1.5 vs 1.0 Inventory

I was wondering if some one could post the changes in the piece inventory from the 1.0 to the 1.5 versions of the mindstorms (or if some one knows of a page that has the scan from the actualy instructions of the 1.5 it would be even better.) I dont (...) (25 years ago, 21-Dec-99, to lugnet.db.inv)

  Re: GATS Tampa Show...

As everyone says, it's minifig scale, BUT if you had to chose the closest model train scale, I would say O scale. Now, of course, minifig scale means cars and trains that can only fit one minifig width-wise. I, however, build my trains 8 studs wide (...) (25 years ago, 21-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.us.fl, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Stange auction on ebay

(...) It's sort of like that. This person seems to be expecting that none of them will get a bid (not a bad assumption, but some wag has put a spanner in that clockwork, as John noted), so s/he has set up a bunch of "blank" auctions, because today (...) (25 years ago, 21-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.auction)

  Why not wait

Hey Ron this may sound crazy but why not wait! I waited to buy my 1st star wars video set (ANH, ESB, RoJ) until they came out together in the holographic collectors set. You know that once all three prequiews are out they are going to do this and (...) (25 years ago, 21-Dec-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Powering trains w/ RCX

Steven and Rogers just make sure that when you use the jack on the RCX use an adapter that LEGO makes like the one that comes with the train controller. This one is also designed for the RCX. A while back this information was posted on lugnet. Do a (...) (25 years ago, 21-Dec-99, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: Giant Cruiser and MOC contest

My own creation. : ) palmer. Paul Davidson wrote in message ... (...) (25 years ago, 21-Dec-99, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Enough already

Matthew Miller wrote in message ... (...) That might not work - there computer will catch the previous order. Unless you have 50 aliases... (25 years ago, 21-Dec-99, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Babelfish question (was Re: Cross posting in eu (was: Aaargh!)

Jasper , At the following link (near the bottom), I have a link to Horst's page via Babelfish. Have I done it legally? Is there a legal (or acceptable to Babelfish) way to skip the form page entirely? I think you are saying there is a way, but they (...) (25 years ago, 21-Dec-99, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.publish)

Skipped 4 messages in groups lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.off-topic.debate (Skip-filter settings)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact