Re: Mission Pics for BAYLUG
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf
Date:
Tue, 21 Dec 1999 09:15:04 GMT

As I noted in another email, I have 100 more 2x4 white bricks you can borrow,
and now I have six 2x3 rounded top white bricks you can also borrow.

Mark Benz wrote:

Hi,

On Baylug.org there will hopfully be three "under construction" pics of
Ross' Mission San Jose (in Fremont) built on 2 old 50x50 grey base plates
for 4th Grade History.  I will also try to post them to our new site on
@home.

The pics are:

1) a Front view with a comparison photo of the real front. 2nd floor door is
missing, but you can see part of the balcony inside. Minifig for scale. Note
the use of old, yellowed 2x4s for the foundation, and brown barrels for
bells!
2) a side 3/4 view with the roof on. Probably the best picture.  Altar
(Yellow) and sanctuary (left) are not done yet.
3) a top view with the roof removed, note the balcony and organ in the front
(right), the roof construction details with white inverse slopes and cross
bracing like the prototype. Also, the wall alcoves on the lower side are not
tapered, they just look that way due to the camera angle and the stepped
construction underway. We have not decided on the pew design yet.

We could still use many 3x4 red low slopes, and 2x4 white bricks (as you can
see) if any of you can spare them.

Looking forward to bringing it to the next meet!

Thanks much, and Happy Holidays!

Yours,
Mark

--