 Marketplace / Auctions / 3739
Re: Stange auction on ebay
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.auction
Date:
Tue, 21 Dec 1999 06:48:49 GMT

Troy Cefaratti wrote:

I'd guess that they use a template for their auctions (Like i do) and
accidentally posted a bunch of auction with just the "blank" template.

It's sort of like that.  This person seems to be expecting that none of
them will get a bid (not a bad assumption, but some wag has put a spanner
in that clockwork, as John noted), so s/he has set up a bunch of "blank"
auctions, because today is (important!!!) *free listing day.*  Notice that
s/he has only left blank those sections which may be *revised* before the
first bid; I don't know how he/she/it (for variety's sake, why not) will
deal with the one that has a bid, however!  :)  So it/she/he now has the
auctions in on free-auction day, and can save a few bucks, even if the
listing is completed tomorrow or the next day.

And thus, our answer?

best

Lindsay