 Trains / 3300
Re: Color Schemes of Passenger Trains
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Tue, 21 Dec 1999 15:19:48 GMT

John Warren wrote:
Does anyone know the history of color schemes for
great northern that can answer my question?  Anyone?  Anyone?  Larry?  :^)

Not me, color schemes, especially prewar, are not my forte'. I DO think
that UP switched to the Armour Yellow and grey with red stripe very
early post war...

My forte' is more along the lines of green engines :)  Ones with Castle, Saint,
Hall type names :)  That or LMS stuff (Black 5's, Princesses and so on)

I'd have to dig through what little I have left on US railways ( I gave away my
MR collection before I moved out here, not enough space...)

I think though, that the UP Armour Yellow came out in 39-41 timeframe.  Not
sure though.

James Powell