 General / 12524
Re: Experimenting with Brasso (tm)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 21 Dec 1999 14:51:53 GMT

   Would this work on transparent printed pieces?  Would the piece still be
transparent?  I am hoping to do this to the new Castle (stained glass)
windows.

--
   Have fun!
   John
Paul Davidson wrote in message ...
I actually went out and bought some Brasso today, after reading messages
suggesting that it could remove the printing from Lego bricks.

I tried it with several of the smooth McDonald's slopes (pictures of
Grimace), and with one 2x1 tile ($100 bill print).

Result: the print comes off, but it takes a lot more work than I expected.
I had to spend at least five minutes on a single piece, rubbing furiously.
For the first little bit, you make no apparent progress whatsoever.  The
finished pieces were not damaged in any way.  All in all, Brasso works, but
you'd better be ready to earn those new pieces. :)

--

Paul Davidson