 General / 12547
Re: Experimenting with Brasso (tm)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 21 Dec 1999 19:35:37 GMT

I tried letting some pieces sit awhile and soak, but it didn't seem to
matter.

--

Paul Davidson

Dave Schuler <orrex@excite.com> wrote in message
In lugnet.general, Craig Hamilton writes:
In lugnet.general, Paul Davidson writes:
I tried it with several of the smooth McDonald's slopes (pictures of
Grimace), and with one 2x1 tile ($100 bill print).

Result: the print comes off, but it takes a lot more work than I • expected.
I had to spend at least five minutes on a single piece, rubbing • furiously.
For the first little bit, you make no apparent progress whatsoever.  The
finished pieces were not damaged in any way.  All in all, Brasso works, • but
you'd better be ready to earn those new pieces. :)

  brasso also works well to clean dingy old pieces with worn in stains. • be
sure to rinse off, and dry your pieces when you're done.

  Does it make a difference if you allow the Brasso to set for awhile? • That
is, if you apply some to the brick and let it soak before trying to buff • off
the printing?

     Dave!