 General / 12526
Re: Experimenting with Brasso (tm)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 21 Dec 1999 15:50:44 GMT

craig hamilton wrote:

  ~ quit yer winnin' soldier! this WAR! _war_ against the pre-printed goofy
faces that limit our building options!   ;-)>
   if you thought the mc-d's slopes were tough, try doing this to a dozen
aqua slopes from rock raiders. these textured slopes are even tougher to
remove printing from!  it took me several evenings of rubbing away while the
tv was on, but in the end, i have smooth, blank 2x2 aqua slopes.  brasso
will also remove the texture in the process, but the finished surface is
evenly smooth.
   brasso also works well to clean dingy old pieces with worn in stains.  be
sure to rinse off, and dry your pieces when you're done.

later ~ craig~

OK, so exactly what is Brasso composed of ?  Is it a mild abrasive ? If
so, then perhaps toothpaste would work as well.

Ray (who has not begun to scrub parts)