 General / 12514
Re: What are the 10 pieces most in need of coming in 1/2s (was Re: What are the 10 worst pieces ever made by TLG?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 21 Dec 1999 07:32:03 GMT

In lugnet.general, Will Hess writes:
I will agree, though, that the hulls should be split into halves so that • they
can be widened.  I actually think there are several pieces that would • work
better being cut in half.

YES. In fact that's an idea for a subthread. This is all fantasy of
course but maybe??? someday???

I'll add:

train wheelsets (that would make narrow-gaugers AND John Neal happy :-)
2x2x1 cylinders (to create columned facades)
airplane noses

Will

Visit the Lego Beach Fire and Rescue Service
http://www.simflex.com/users/willhess/

I will add to that:

The 33'/45' slope corners, like the yellow ones in the Outback Airstrip
(#6444).  I would have been able to have a building that has a 45' slope on 2
sides and a 33' slope on the other two, but I can only do it if the building
is 4 studs from front to back as it is now.  Very possibly I will be putting
those pieces into a bandsaw!  I say it is time to fight back against
juniorization.  Mutilation is no more sacrilidge than the jr. pieces I get in
some sets.

The Apex Pyramid bricks!  I would like SOME in 1x1 variety to make a roof come
out of a wall nicer.

There are some others, but I can't remember them.  I will have to look through
the garbage box (where worthless pieces go) to find them.

Anything that sets the border width of a model on both sides has a very large
downside to it.  Granted, it is structurally stronger, but it does limit
useage into models of that size.  I think that there needs to be a trade off.
Many models would not be structurally sound with split elements, but many
models cannot be improved upon with said one-piece elements.

Late.  Must sleep.

Mike
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz