 General / 12332
Re: What are the 10 worst pieces ever made by TLG?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 17 Dec 1999 05:45:12 GMT

In lugnet.general, Dan Jezek writes:
You're right.  Those pieces are good if used for their purpose, but not
anywhere else.  Somehow I meant that but it just didn't come across that way.
Pirate ship hulls are the worst pieces IMHO.

I actually have seen some (OK, one) amazing creation with a Pirate Hull.  It
was a Romulan Ship from Star Trek that used a Pirate Ship Hull upside down as
the top of the ship.  Pretty awesome.  My friend who made it ended up getting
a job working for the man (KKK), so I guess if anyone could find a use for
weird pieces, it would be him.

Just because a piece can't be used for anything else doesn't mean it is bad.
It just means you have to think harder or be more creative on its uses.

I will agree, though, that the hulls should be split into halves so that they
can be widened.  I actually think there are several pieces that would work
better being cut in half.  Perhaps I just need a bandsaw.  Hey, I don't WANT
to deface Lego bricks, but sometimes it is the only way to make a bizarre
piece really useful.  (As opposed to being very hard to use.)

Mike Poindexter