 General / 12330
Re: What are the 10 worst pieces ever made by TLG?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 17 Dec 1999 05:18:47 GMT

In lugnet.general, Frank Filz writes:

This list points out that if we were to compile an overall list, many
parts should be left off because they are very good pieces in their
theme. In fact, in their place, I consider every one of the above pieces
very good, though I definitely have a love hate relationship with the
saucer sections. My large water tower would not look nearly so nice
without the saucer sections, on the otherhand, with the printing on most
of the saucer sections, they are hard to use.

You're right.  Those pieces are good if used for their purpose, but not
anywhere else.  Somehow I meant that but it just didn't come across that way.
Pirate ship hulls are the worst pieces IMHO.  They look really good on ships
like the BSB or SES, but when trying to build a large-scaled ship, they are
useless thanks in part to the fact that they cannot be expanded to the sides
and that they are brown!  If there were more brown pieces available, even when
building a large-scaled ship, the hulls would blend in with the rest of the
model and wouldn't be so noticable.  Just take a look at Reinhard Beneke's
ship to see how beautiful a large-scaled ship can be made without using any of
the original hulls:
http://www-public.tu-bs.de:8080/~rbeneke/lego/pirates/pirates.html
Definitely one of my favorite creations on the web.

--Dan