 Local / United States / New York / 8
Re: NYC Legofest
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.ny, lugnet.loc.us.nj
Date:
Tue, 21 Dec 1999 07:14:22 GMT

In lugnet.announce, Ed Jones writes:

Anyone in the tri-stae area want to have a LEGOfest the last weekend of
January?

I'm in too!

Ideas:

1. We could poke around with whatever of the 2000 sets kind people bring.
2. MOC show and tell. Bring something original.
3. Workshop. Bring a MOC that needs help, and some extra parts. For example, I
have a minifig Jeep model that didn't capture the look I wanted. It has some,
uh, interesting solutions to problems, and room for suggestions.
4. Bring pictures.
5. Dump out several buckets and just see what develops?

And not so hot ideas, maybe for another time (not to suffocate the fun)
6. Demos. Person giving demo shares a special building technique, for example
ways to use a weird part, solve problems like that big trains on curves, make a
large model in a particularly helpful modular way, that sort of thing. We can
invite Emeril Lagasse (that is if he plays with Lego.)
7. Arrange a local area Jambalaya box?