 Technic / 505
Re: New technic MOC: Gecko Seven
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Tue, 21 Dec 1999 13:28:20 GMT

Johannes Keukelaar <johannes@nada.kth.se> writes:

What kind of red shocks are those? Are they red copies of the softer
light grey ones, or red copies of the stiffer dark grey ones, or
perhaps even stiffer or softer?

They are basically the same as the dark grey ones from 8417.  They have
fewer coils than the "old" ones, and are a bit stiffer.

I originally built the vehicle with the old style shocks, but it turned
out that they were a tad bit too soft.  So I had to replace them with
the "new" ones after having finished most of the body.  This is just
typical, BTW.  I always seem to end up with a too heavy body whenever I
make a large Technic vehicle.

I'm happy to say that I got a few of the 8209 "F1 Racer" sets.  I kinda
like all those coloured Technic elements, and especially the shocks.

Thanks for your comments!

Fredrik