 Technic / 523
Re: New technic MOC: Gecko Seven
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Wed, 22 Dec 1999 12:27:43 GMT

"John Morgan" <trees@utk.edu> writes:

Are you talking about the "slot" cars toy? they run on a plastic
track with metal rails imbedded into it?

Ah, yes.  That's what I was thinking about.  I don't think mine were
Scalextric brand, but it was basically the same thing.

I am not talking about the HO scale that is around today but a larger
scale car.

Mine were small scale, about the same scale as the LEGO adventurer's
cars, I'd say.  While I didn't have too much accessories, I believe you
could get lots of stuff for use in your own home.  Probably no more than
two tracks side by side (each having two pairs of metal rails).  The
challenge was, as you said, to go as fast as possible without slipping
off the track in the curves.

I don't think I've seen the larger scale cars you're refering to, but
I'm sure it's basically the same

Fredrik