  *74727 (-100)
  Re: Silver bricks

I can't find the rest of this thread. In what sets do silver 2x4 bricks appear? -- Paul Davidson, aka Tinman (URL) "If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine." David Eaton <deaton@intdata.com> wrote in message (...) (25 years ago, 18-Nov-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Shell Lego's

(...) I've been hanging for this release for a couple of weeks now (even rang Shell to enquire as to the exact time they would be released). I even only partly filled my car on Monday (I couldn't push it until Wednesday) so I would *have* to stop (...) (25 years ago, 19-Nov-99, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.loc.au.nsw.syd, lugnet.promo)

  FOTW!!

Tonight my fiance and i were in TRU (arapaho and the tollway)... we were getting early xmas presents for our daughter... we took the required stroll down the lego aisle (mostly so i could see the 8448, which they have around 5 of, for $129)... and (...) (25 years ago, 19-Nov-99, to lugnet.loc.us.tx.dfw)

  Re: Is 6097 Night Lords Castle worth it

(...) Well, the large Aquashark sub ("Shark's Crystal Cave") and the #2-sized Aquasharks set are both still in stock at a KB ToyWorks here in NJ. The bad side? They're still full price. (!!!) The Planetary Prowler I bought up at $10/ea from a local (...) (25 years ago, 18-Nov-99, to lugnet.castle)

  My first FOTW!!!!!

or maybe even FOTY, since i haven't really come across anything awesome in 1999.. i went to TRU with my fiance tonight, looking for xmas gifts for our daughter... my fiance now knows that any trip to a toy store means a requisite stroll down the (...) (25 years ago, 18-Nov-99, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: 4558 - wishful thinking?

(...) Naah, he'll use 1x2x2 light blue thin walls, my new favoritest element. -John (...) (25 years ago, 18-Nov-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: More Pic's of... Re: 2 person Heavy Assault Walker

(...) OK found'em. They are not in the Sith Infiltraitor they are in Sebulba's Pod Racer which explains why I could not find them. I only have one of these and it is still on display. Although this may now change very soon so I can extract those (...) (25 years ago, 18-Nov-99, to lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.build, lugnet.general)

  In Need of Grey Castle Walls ...

Hi, all- Well, I'm finding myself in a quandary. In order to build a really good large modern warship, I need more grey 1x5x6 castle wall segments, without decorations. So, basically, I need these things--corners are also welcome, undecorated. Dark (...) (25 years ago, 18-Nov-99, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: About Blasters

(...) Excuse Me! What guns are you looking at. At least in the U.S. you can find lots of guns that look very much like these in just about any Paun shop or Walmart. Eric The New England LEGO Users Group (URL) (25 years ago, 18-Nov-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Very Long super ramble...

(...) Ah yes...thank you...that's his name. I had forgotten it. And it's still a no-no curse word around here too eh? -Tim (25 years ago, 18-Nov-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Shell Lego's

(...) G'day, A complete list can be found at (URL) those who haven't seen them yet, the service station is the petrol bowsers, NOT the shop set.] Benjamin Whytcross b_whytcross@hotmail.com (25 years ago, 18-Nov-99, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.loc.au.nsw.syd)

  Re: Where is the Orlando LIC?

Thanks a lot! I've never been in the state of Florida, much less Disneyworld, and my friends here (also first timers) just agreed on going to Epcot on Sunday morning. So, we will probably take the advice of our hotel concierge on getting that far, (...) (25 years ago, 18-Nov-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Grey brick packs (was Re: More 2000 TRU Prices)

(...) I just got off the phone with S@H. I ordered three, in addition to a few other things for myself and a schwack (yes!) of black roof brick packs for a poor disadvantaged European AFOL (who's giving me equally good stuff in return, natch). I (...) (25 years ago, 18-Nov-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: 4558 - wishful thinking?

(...) Hmmm, I don't know, Ben. I have a feeling that you are going to break down and at LEAST use some of those metroliner windows on the lower levels of your superliner cars. :) John Warren I apologize for posting yet another blank message. The (...) (25 years ago, 18-Nov-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Is 6097 Night Lords Castle worth it

(...) Shoot. I'm sad to hear you make this decision, since you said this key phrase in your other response: "It looks really neat ...." In my mind, you couldn't go wrong buying it, if you like the way it looks, as long as it doesn't mean you're (...) (25 years ago, 18-Nov-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Where is the Orlando LIC?

(URL) would take exit 27. On the exit, stay to the right and go right at the light. After making the right, go Approx 1/4 mile, stay in the left lane and turn between the big purple signs. (This would be Hotel Plaza Blvd.) The road dead ends at (...) (25 years ago, 18-Nov-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: 4558 - wishful thinking?

(...) (25 years ago, 18-Nov-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Where is the Orlando LIC?

(...) web (...) Downtown Disney Marketplace. By car, via I-4, you get off at exit 26B. From this exit you should be able to see Typhoon Lagoon and the large blue Planet Hollywood dome. Continue through the Walt Disney World Resort Gates to the next (...) (25 years ago, 18-Nov-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Purchasing in the UK

Hi there, I have a decent size Lego technic collection from when I was a child, but now that I have gotten interested in building again I am looking for a place to buy Mindstorms/Dacta parts in the UK. Are there any retailers in the London area (...) (25 years ago, 18-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: New Job!

Holy guacamole! 8.25%! (And they call my state, Taxachusetts!) Good luck with the new job. Just hope you're not assigned to the Barbie aisle. :) --Doug Wilcox -----Original Message----- From: David M. <ElectroTX@webtv.net> To: (...) (25 years ago, 18-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: OT: I want to move to Austin!

National Instruments is in Austin, the company that makes LabVIEW software and data acquisition hardware. We used LabVIEW to make ROBOLAB for the RCX. -Ben (...) ok (...) (25 years ago, 18-Nov-99, to lugnet.loc.us.tx.aus)

  Re: US S@H Specials Nov 18 - 21, 1999

Tom, Thanks for the info! I just ordered 10 Amazon Crossings. ;) Would have ordered more, but that was all the money I had! Oh well. (look for the tan, gray and green stuff to hit the auction sites soon, I just want the 6x16 plates and some of the (...) (25 years ago, 18-Nov-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  OT: I want to move to Austin!

Hi! This isn't related to Lego, but it is related to Austin, and so I think it's ok here. I am a senior in electrical engineering at UT(ennessee). My wife and I are originally from Texas, and we would like to move back to Austin after I graduate. (...) (25 years ago, 18-Nov-99, to lugnet.loc.us.tx.aus)

  Mike's Train and Launch Command Auction Update 28

I am going to close this auction on Tuesday, 11/23/99 at 10pm EST. Any items still open then will go to the first highest bid I have receive by that time. In other words, the first bid in at the highest level will win the set. This also means that (...) (25 years ago, 18-Nov-99, to lugnet.market.auction)

  Re: Gear backlash

Maybe this sounds strange: I tried to coat gears with liquid plaster. This works for some time - only with "less engaged" gear-trains and never try to coat both gears, because this ends up in a mess. The new liquid plasters aren't that sticky (...) (25 years ago, 18-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Where is the Orlando LIC?

I have a day off in Orlando and I want to go to the Lego Imagination Center. Where is it? (I gather it's inside a Disney zone but which one?) Is there a web site with directions to get there? (25 years ago, 18-Nov-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Lid worden van LUGNET

Ik heb me ook aangemeld. Betalen wordt inderdaad een beetje lastig. Internationaal betalingsverkeer is belachelijk duur. Het zou fijn zijn als Todd creditcard-betalingen zou kunnen accepteren. Anders heb ik nog wel wat dollars liggen van mijn (...) (25 years ago, 18-Nov-99, to lugnet.loc.nl)

  Re: Very Long super ramble...

Timothy Culberson wrote in message <38344A1F.DE3FC4A5@y...oo.com>... (...) That would be M*ndroid, in late 96. His "want ads" were the least of his efforts to disrupt r.t.l. His more inventive efforts included posting what were taken to be death (...) (25 years ago, 18-Nov-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Silver bricks

(...) So obvious, looking at the toys on my desk at work- lightsaber handles! Chris (25 years ago, 18-Nov-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: 1680

(...) Yes. I accidently counted that picture. and Yes i do have a complete set of scanned instructions to almoast every castle set. I wish someone would scan the last remaining sets i need to complete the collection, though (stupid royal knights (...) (25 years ago, 18-Nov-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: 1680

(...) My Mistake. The instructions were "cut" on the minifig section. -- Jonathan Wilson wilsonj@xoommail.com (URL) (25 years ago, 18-Nov-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: About Blasters

(...) Guns that look just like this are still being made and used. As for the rifles, well, go to KMart in the sporting goods section. Chris (25 years ago, 18-Nov-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Silver bricks

(...) Don't forget the rock raiders drill pieces -- Jonathan Wilson wilsonj@xoommail.com (URL) (25 years ago, 18-Nov-99, to lugnet.castle)

  New Job!

It's a very good day today! I start work tomorrow at a local Toys 'R' Us near DFW, Tx. !! It's seasonal, but could last beyond New Year's. And I get a ten percent discount on merchandise! The problem is, we have a 8.25% sales tax! I know where most (...) (25 years ago, 18-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Pure Energy & the RCX

(...) Actually, finding a bad NiCd is easy - split the battery into its component cells, and individually charge/discharge them (or even just check their voltage and polarity if they're REALLY shot) to rate their characteristics. Dedicated racers, (...) (25 years ago, 18-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: DFW meeting over the y2k holidays?

My wife and I will be in DFW (NE Tarrant) over Christmas. Actually, we will also be in town next week for Thanksgiving. We could try and attend if it's not too far away... maybe somewhere around Addison would be central to us all. Naji (...) (25 years ago, 18-Nov-99, to lugnet.loc.us.tx.dfw, lugnet.loc.us.tx.aus)

  Re: About Blasters

(...) The guns in adventurers do not look like any gun currently in use tody. -- Jonathan Wilson wilsonj@xoommail.com (URL) (25 years ago, 18-Nov-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  (canceled)

  Re: anybody here?

In lugnet.loc.us.or.por, Mark Ferris writes: <schnip!> (...) this (...) No, but the aforementioned Fred's had the Simulation Station for US$5 off. there was an instore coupon for some other sets, too. I'll keep an eye out for discounts; though I'm (...) (25 years ago, 18-Nov-99, to lugnet.loc.us.or.por)

  Re: More 2000 TRU Prices

(...) Don't forget to put all your townjr stuff and timmies down in the hold :) -- Jonathan Wilson wilsonj@xoommail.com (URL) (25 years ago, 18-Nov-99, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.general)

  Re: Gear backlash

What are we supposed to look at? Which of the many photographs on Bob's pages has to do with reducing gear backlash? I don't want to search them all. (...) (25 years ago, 18-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Pictures of RCX on external batteries

(...) Yep! That's the beastie! Although in my mind's eye I was using sub-C cells, as I've got plenty of them. And I was soldering them together, as I've done it before. But we can do all sorts of things in our minds' eyes, no? :) It occurs to me (...) (25 years ago, 18-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Football numbering Re: UK 2000?

(...) Australians have a totally different game known as football. -- Jonathan Wilson wilsonj@xoommail.com (URL) (25 years ago, 18-Nov-99, to lugnet.promo, lugnet.town)

  Re: Jumping 'bots?

Would the 'bot be "required" to tote the RCX? With a few of the 36" cables, one could cut the weight down dramatically. -----Original Message----- From: peter renshaw <goon@battinc.com.au> To: lego-robotics@crynwr.com <lego-robotics@crynwr.com> (...) (25 years ago, 18-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: DFW, It's time to speak up!

I've been a lugnet.robotics follower for quite some time. I'm located in Flower Mound (next to the DFW airport). I'm into lego robotics and would also be interested in a minifest. (...) Joel Shafer joel@connect.net (25 years ago, 18-Nov-99, to lugnet.loc.us.tx.dfw)

  FA eBay: Huge LEGO Store Display from early 80's!

I've just posted an auction for a massive store display model I acquired from a shop that closed in the early 1980's. The model was never actually displayed and is in NEW condition! It would be hard for me to descibe this crazy model, so please just (...) (25 years ago, 18-Nov-99, to lugnet.market.auction)

  Re: Football numbering Re: UK 2000?

Hi Guys, Why is everyone calling it Futbol anway? It s the plain translation of the original name Voetbal in Dutch, Fussball in German. But it aint clear why the hack Americans call a rugby like and related game Football. I think its an historical (...) (25 years ago, 18-Nov-99, to lugnet.promo, lugnet.town)

  Technic Seat for Claw or Scoop

Technic seats have peg holes and a thin side that make them candidates for claws but not scoops. Claw: The seats work very well in a claw. When 2 seats face each other in a claw they fit around a ping pong ball. The holes allow the use of pegs to (...) (25 years ago, 18-Nov-99, to lugnet.build)

  Re: Jumping 'bots?

(...) of an (...) Funny enough I've been thinking about this. There's a particular type of spider that also acheives this motion by pumping compressed fluid to it's legs, simultaneously and quickly. Power to weight ratio is going to be your enemy (...) (25 years ago, 18-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Silver bricks

(...) Weren't there also silver horns for the ninja samurai's helmets? =-= =-= =-= =-= =-= =-= =-= =-= =-= =-= =-= =-= =-= =-= =-= =-= =-= jennr@gwis2.circ.gwu.edu (URL) (25 years ago, 18-Nov-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: How to handel minors in "LUG's" was (Re: NELUG Turns 50!!)

(...) accompanied (...) After having participated in this thread for a few days now I have developed a bit of perspective on the issue if not on the legalities involved. If you are going to have a cutoff (which currently NELUG does see (URL) ) I (...) (25 years ago, 18-Nov-99, to lugnet.org.us)

  Re: Pure Energy & the RCX

I don't know about other rechargables, but bad Ni-Cds can be identified. The charger I use has a test mode which measures the battery's characteristics (perhaps putting a load on it a observing the voltage discharge curve?) and indicates its output (...) (25 years ago, 18-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Silver bricks

So, ok, the list of silver & gold reflective pieces is growing: In silver: 1x2 grill tiles Big shiny sword pieces Dagger pieces (as seen in Aquazone) Spear pieces (ditto) "Exhaust" pipe (for town trucks, etc) bent tubing (more macaroni-like than (...) (25 years ago, 18-Nov-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: How to handel minors in "LUG's" was (Re: NELUG Turns 50!!)

(...) Check your local laws, but I'm fairly certain that the age of majority is 18 darn near everywhere. Most places, able to vote=legally responsible for self. James (URL) (25 years ago, 18-Nov-99, to lugnet.org.us)

  Re: Question on 8277 Inventory

I ran into that problem too, and the solution I came up with looks like this: 7171 Names: Mos Espa Podrace Inventory: by "John Cromer" <cro@astro.caltech.edu> Count Color ---ID--- Description 1 n/a 7171-sa1 Subassembly box, Anakin's Podracer (...) (25 years ago, 18-Nov-99, to lugnet.db.inv)

  Re: SDK

Sono in ritardo. Ancora non si vede niente. Dovrò stare alzato ad aspettare? :-) Giulio marco berti ha scritto: (...) (25 years ago, 18-Nov-99, to lugnet.loc.it)

  WW/Adventurer parts wanted

Calling all sellers that are parting out SW, WW and Adventure sets etc, I have a number of wants, minifigs, printed bricks etc. Please mail me your sale list and price. Also I am looking for a quantity of minifig heads, all except standard smiley? (...) (25 years ago, 18-Nov-99, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: How to handel minors in "LUG's" was (Re: NELUG Turns 50!!)

(...) At what age would you say children *don't* have to be accompanied by an adult? Sixteen? Do you know of a legal basis for that kind of decision? Of course, we wouldn't want any child to come without permission. Jeff P.S. I'm wondering because (...) (25 years ago, 18-Nov-99, to lugnet.org.us)

  Re: 4559 for less than MSRP

(...) One of the Zellers here has them left. I'd recommend getting them from somewhere else though, since I have to pay 15% tax. (so only a saving of around 7.5% (the tax goes on the after sale price). Zellers here has 20 % off right now, and sears (...) (25 years ago, 18-Nov-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: DFW meeting over the y2k holidays?

(...) Wow, this would be way fun, to get a buncha UT/TX Legomaniacs together under one roof for a few hours. (...) I won't even be in town until about the 27th. Immediately after reaching Ft. Worth, I'll be hitting the local Sonic Burger for a (...) (25 years ago, 18-Nov-99, to lugnet.loc.us.tx.dfw, lugnet.loc.us.tx.aus)

  Re: Pure Energy & the RCX

It's strange to see you describe the "how to find the bad cell" problem with reference to Alkaline cells, then go right on and suggest the use of Ni-Cad battery packs! Ni-Cad battery packs have the same problem that any other type of serial (...) (25 years ago, 18-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Cybermaster batteries.

Johannes Keukelaar skrev i meddelandet <3833EC20.C9E98E68@n...kth.se>... (...) Ni-Mh, 1.2V, they seem to work for me. But, as I said previously, watch out for a bad egg, it will ruin the lot. -- Anders Isaksson, Sweden BlockCAD: (2 URLs) (25 years ago, 18-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: HOWTO: International Money Order from Sweden

Eric Hampusgård skrev i meddelandet ... (...) Jag har ingen bra lösning för närvarande. Tänkbara alternativ är: - Bekant som just skall åka till Staterna - Internationellt gångbar plastbit - Checkar? Lägger kostnaden på mottagaren! 100:- tar (...) (25 years ago, 18-Nov-99, to lugnet.loc.se)

  Re: Så, tänker ni bli medlemmar i Lugnet?

Vi skulle förmodligen kunna skicka flera personers bidrag via en enda överföring, för att få ner kostnaden per styck. -- Anders Isaksson, Sweden BlockCAD: (2 URLs) Hampusgård skrev i meddelandet ... (...) (25 years ago, 18-Nov-99, to lugnet.loc.se)

  Re: Is 6097 Night Lords Castle worth it

Thanks guys. I made my decision to hold off for now and wait for some big sales of some other older sets. Maybe I will get 2 Witches Windships for the dragons. Its a 2 for the price of one, sale at only 4 bucks each. Cool. My favorite set right now (...) (25 years ago, 18-Nov-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Grey brick packs (was Re: More 2000 TRU Prices)

(...) I just ordered my first load of 5145 today - 5 packs. It would have been more, but that is all I needed along with the rest of my order to get to $75, otherwise known as the McDonalds priceline. I imagine this is the first of 5-6 orders of (...) (25 years ago, 18-Nov-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Grey brick packs (was Re: More 2000 TRU Prices)

(...) For me a "schwack" is usually between 20 and 30. I have not ever really gotten any comments although they way I order is usually to state the part number first and then the quantity. Half the time the conversation is like this. S@H: "What part (...) (25 years ago, 18-Nov-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: How to handel minors in "LUG's" was (Re: NELUG Turns 50!!)

(...) I was 21 before I could even *test* for a driver's license. Cheers, - jsproat (25 years ago, 18-Nov-99, to lugnet.loc.us.me, lugnet.org.us, lugnet.loc.us.ma.bos)

  Re: MJ65 - Puma

(...) Oh, yes. I held this one in my hands at the WAFOL meeting -- it's a beautiful model. *sniff* :-, Cheers, - jsproat (25 years ago, 18-Nov-99, to lugnet.adventurers, lugnet.build)

  Grey brick packs (was Re: More 2000 TRU Prices)

(...) Yup. A schwack is a variable amount, that usually falls between "some" and "a Jesus-load & a half"(1) In this case, it's 20. :) I'm doing an informal poll, to satisfy my curiosity. When you (if you) order 5145 Grey Bricks, how many do you (...) (25 years ago, 18-Nov-99, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.general, lugnet.castle, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Set 5909

Jonathan Little <piano254@aol.com> wrote in message news:FLEHD7.Avp@lugnet.com... (...) to (...) little (...) from (...) even at (...) would (...) This set was originally released as a TRU exclusive (AFAIK) in 1998. I've been told by different LEGO (...) (25 years ago, 18-Nov-99, to lugnet.adventurers)

  Re: Silver bricks

In lugnet.castle, David Eaton wrote: And another... (...) Air horn (for semi-trucks) (25 years ago, 18-Nov-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: anybody here?

(...) Yes, I picked up several of the red classic power buckets there with the $2 off price they had. I'm mostly a technic buyer, though, and Fred's doesn't carry many of the more interesting models (need to look at TRU or Target for those). Have (...) (25 years ago, 18-Nov-99, to lugnet.loc.us.or.por)

  Re: Football numbering Re: UK 2000?

(...) Why is everyone calling it Futbol anway? (...) I know - how do you build a stadium? (...) They were 3302 to 3324 missing out 3307, 3315, 3316, 3321, 3322. (25 years ago, 18-Nov-99, to lugnet.promo, lugnet.town)

  Looking for 8856 instructions

Anybody have instructions for the 8856 model? It looks like an interesting set, and I'd like to build it (I probably have all the right pieces from my collections). Brickshelf.com doesn't have it, thus the post here. Thanks. (25 years ago, 18-Nov-99, to lugnet.db.scans)

  FA : 14 technic lots... parts and sets NR & 0.01 Start!

FA : 14 technic lots... parts and sets NR & 0.01 Start! Go to : (URL) click on "(view seller's other auctions)" (25 years ago, 18-Nov-99, to lugnet.market.auction)

  Re: How to handel minors in "LUG's" was (Re: NELUG Turns 50!!)

(...) You can say that again. I was 20 years old before I even *wanted* a driver's license! - Robert Munafo www.mrob.com (25 years ago, 18-Nov-99, to lugnet.loc.us.me, lugnet.org.us, lugnet.loc.us.ma.bos)

  Re: US S@H Specials Nov 18 - 21, 1999

(...) Probably not, but it doesn't hurt to ask. If I had been thinking, I would have asked when I phoned recently. (...) 1-800-267-5346 James (URL) (25 years ago, 18-Nov-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: 4558 - wishful thinking?

The traditional 1x4x3 train windows are nice. But they aren't necessary, very nice models can be made without them. I made a custom club car that doesn't even use any of the specialized pieces (windows, doors etc) that come with the metroliner and (...) (25 years ago, 18-Nov-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Set 5909

I think it was a 1998-only set. Here in Canada (I don't know about the US) it comes with a mummy-shaped lego carrying-case. One store in town had two left yesterday when I looked. -- Paul Davidson, aka Tinman (URL) "If you strike me down, I shall (...) (25 years ago, 18-Nov-99, to lugnet.adventurers)

  Re: More 2000 TRU Prices

(...) *Martha Stewart like music starts playing* There is a remedy for this situation! 1. Build a ship (preferably one from the early days, 1910-20) 2. Make sure it has great interior design. 3. Hire some really talented backround passengers. 4. (...) (25 years ago, 18-Nov-99, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.general)

  Re: 1680

(...) I'd say you are quite correct... I think Jonathan maybe counted the picture of the building of the blue-collared minifig as a separate fig, which it isn't.... unless he was referring to a different picture? He did say "I checked *MY* copy of (...) (25 years ago, 18-Nov-99, to lugnet.castle)

  DFW meeting over the y2k holidays?

This potential DFW-Austin gathering is sounding cool. I will be in Dallas/Richardson and Little Rock, AR over the Holiday's. I would very much like to participate in any DFW minifest. Have any of you folks chosen a date and place? Ashley (URL) (25 years ago, 18-Nov-99, to lugnet.loc.us.tx.dfw, lugnet.loc.us.tx.aus)

  Re: 1680

(...) one (...) fact, (...) removed. (...) clearly show (...) also have this set with only two figs. Dan M. (25 years ago, 18-Nov-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Lego fans in Arkansas?

Are there any AFOL's in AR? I will be in Little Rock over a portion of the holiday's and would like to meet some other fans. My previous visits have yielded great Lego deals at the Target Store and Service Merchandise in N. Little Rock. Last year I (...) (25 years ago, 18-Nov-99, to lugnet.loc.us.ar)

  Re: More 2000 TRU Prices

(...) consumate inventor, scientist, and artist- most of the things we like about LEGO!! Oh! You mean the actor! Well, I guess to each his own then, though I think the actor is not half so bad as the girly hype surrounding him. funny how the fans of (...) (25 years ago, 18-Nov-99, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.general)

  Re: SDK

Io e' un oretta che ravano in tutto il sito mindstorm ma non ho trovato un alcunche'. Forse lo rilasceranno il 18 novembre ma non anno specificato l'hanno :) Marco (25 years ago, 18-Nov-99, to lugnet.loc.it)

  Re: US S@H Specials Nov 18 - 21, 1999

(...) Do you know if there are any Canadian S@H specials? If so, what would the number to call be? And if you have the list for the specials, could you post them up? Thanks Erin (25 years ago, 18-Nov-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Set 5909

(...) little (...) This is a very hard set to find. I got mine from the Construction Site (www.constructiontoys.com) for $19.90 back in September. It was available in limited quanities back then so I dont know if any are still available. Rich (25 years ago, 18-Nov-99, to lugnet.adventurers)

  Re: povray

(...) You know what, I actually think you are right. :-) (...) Yes. I'd like to try my "walk through" on a larger scene, which could actually be walked through, but the computer running the program doesn't have enough RAM to render a large model. (...) (25 years ago, 18-Nov-99, to lugnet.cad.ray, lugnet.cad)

  Quinti!

(Per pochi messaggi) Forza che gli olandesi ci aspettano! Cheers (25 years ago, 18-Nov-99, to lugnet.loc.it)

  Re: More Pic's of... Re: 2 person Heavy Assault Walker

(...) I just got a look at this, and it's great! While it is bigger than an AT-PT, it certainly looks a lot like one. Very nice. I have a lot of questions about it, but I'm sure I'll see it at a NELUG meeting before too long, so I'll ask 'em then. (...) (25 years ago, 18-Nov-99, to lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.build, lugnet.general)

  Re: Using motion blur to give the illusion of speed

(...) Since I have the frames on my hard disk, I tried it out: (2 URLs) the first image, the weight of the first frame is moderate, while it is high in the last one. I think the effect looks somewhat silly, so I don't think I'll use this technique. (...) (25 years ago, 18-Nov-99, to lugnet.cad)

  Welcome, Mike, to WAFOL

(...) ..... Hello and welcome aboard, Mike. You have stepped into a friendly Utah Lego group known as WAFOL:Wasatch area fans of Lego. We are a relatively small group at present, but we hope to grow in size and power. With your revelation of living (...) (25 years ago, 18-Nov-99, to lugnet.loc.us.ut)

  Re: 1680

(...) Funny, if it is set 1877, then it can't have three. It only came with two. I own the set, and I remember getting it. Mine only came with two. Are you sure you don't have 1680? Jeff (25 years ago, 18-Nov-99, to lugnet.castle)

  SDK

"To let more people get their hands on the power of the Scout, the LEGO Group will officially release a Software Developers Kit for the Scout on November 18, 1999." Qualcuno di voi lo ha trovato, oppure TLC è in ritardo? Carlo (25 years ago, 18-Nov-99, to lugnet.loc.it)

  Re: How I got My 4559 for $77.90 at Target (Was Re: 4559 for less than MSRP)

A Target I went into yesterday had 17 (!) copies of 4561 on the shelf. I wonder if one store could sell that many between now and Christmas. Guess I should be heading that way on the morning of the 24th. Ray (...) (25 years ago, 18-Nov-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: US S@H Specials Nov 18 - 21, 1999

(...) Yes call back, but make sure you dial the S@H direct number 800-835-4386. This will not roll you over the their answering service (which traditionally does not have info on phone specials). I am glad I ordered two of 5846 before they sold out. (...) (25 years ago, 18-Nov-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Set 5909

(...) little (...) In the UK, this set was a Toys R Us exclusive set, one of the only such sets I can recall, apart from a Divers floating lab... It retailed for around £13.99 ($20?), but I don't think they have many about now. Stu C. University of (...) (25 years ago, 18-Nov-99, to lugnet.adventurers)

  How I got My 4559 for $77.90 at Target (Was Re: 4559 for less than MSRP)

(...) I was going to wait until closer to Christmas to tell this story, but you may want to start planning your shopping just in case Target does this again. A week or so ago I found my receipt for 4559-- it reminded me I had paid $77.90 plus tax at (...) (25 years ago, 18-Nov-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

Skipped 6 messages in groups lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, lugnet.off-topic.test (Skip-filter settings)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact