 Promotional / 202
Re: Football numbering Re: UK 2000?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.promo, lugnet.town
Date:
Thu, 18 Nov 1999 22:51:03 GMT

N. Hoogerbrug wrote:

Hi  Guys,

Why is everyone calling it Futbol anway?
It s the plain translation of the original name Voetbal in Dutch, Fussball in
German. But it aint clear why the hack Americans call a rugby like and related
game Football. I think its an historical mistake.
In Europe we call it American Football.

I know - how do you build a stadium?
Use a lot of bricks and you imagination

Greetings and keep building
Nico

Australians have a totally different game known as football.

--
Jonathan Wilson
wilsonj@xoommail.com