 Promotional / 204
Re: Football numbering Re: UK 2000?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.promo, lugnet.town
Date:
Fri, 19 Nov 1999 00:25:18 GMT

N. Hoogerbrug <ringebu@knoware.nl> wrote in message
news:38347F42.1B35893A@knoware.nl...
Hi  Guys,

Why is everyone calling it Futbol anway?

Read

http://www.lugnet.com/general/?n=9771

German. But it aint clear why the hack Americans call a rugby like and • related
game Football. I think its an historical mistake.
In Europe we call it American Football.

From what I hear American Football is a derivative of Rugby.  Seems strange
to call it American Football as the ball's hardly kicked.  Then again
American Football also known as Gridion but I hardly ever hear it mentioned
as such. (1)

Sanjay

(1) This isn't intended to be an American Football bashing session, in case
anyone mistakenly thinks so.

Followup's set to Lugnet.Sports.American Football