 Marketplace / Shopping / 1299
1298  |  1300
Subject:
Grey brick packs (was Re: More 2000 TRU Prices)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.general, lugnet.castle, lugnet.starwars
Date:
Thu, 18 Nov 1999 21:31:44 GMT

In lugnet.market.shopping, John Neal writes:
To be on the safe side, I'm ordering a shwack of 5145's before year end.
I also just ordered a lot of 5145s (I assume that's what shwack means;) among
a lot of other packs.  May as well get a Mickey D set in the process...

Yup.  A schwack is a variable amount, that usually falls between "some" and "a
Jesus-load & a half"(1) In this case, it's 20.  :)

I'm doing an informal poll, to satisfy my curiosity.

When you (if you) order 5145 Grey Bricks, how many do you usually order?

(my answer) Usually 10 or 20.  I have ordered other amounts, but never less
than 10, and not more than 30 (at a single time).

How often do you get comments from the S@H rep about the quantity you're
ordering?

(my answer) About every second or third time, the rep says something like "you
must be building something big!"  or "30?  Why would you need that many?"

James
http://www.shades-of-night.com/lego/

1:Spider Robinson reference.

<cross-posted to .castle & .sw to pull in folks who I *know* have ordered
schwacks of 5145s>