 Marketplace / Shopping / 1304
Re: Where is the Orlando LIC?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Thu, 18 Nov 1999 23:21:06 GMT

In lugnet.market.shopping, Erik Olson writes:
I have a day off in Orlando and I want to go to the Lego Imagination Center.

Where is it? (I gather it's inside a Disney zone but which one?) Is there a • web
site with directions to get there?

Downtown Disney Marketplace. By car, via I-4, you get off at exit 26B. From
this exit you should be able to see Typhoon Lagoon and the large blue Planet
Hollywood dome. Continue through the Walt Disney World Resort Gates to the
Disney. Go all the way to the end of Downtown Disney and park. The LIC is
located to the farhtest left side of the marketplace, right next to the
entrance to Downtown Disney Pleasure Island and behind McDonald's. Via U.S.
192, get off at the exit next to Disney's All-Star resorts. Continue down the
road, through the Disney gates past Blizzard Beach and the Disney-MGM Studios.
Right after you pass Disney-MGM Studios make a right and continue straight
past Epcot and continue, and you will find Downtown Disney. If you are driving
down the Osceola Parkway, go past Disney's Animal Kingdom Theme Park and
Blizzard Beach and make a left, then continue with the past Blizzard Beach and
Disney-MGM Studios. Make a right, past EPCOT and straight down. And it is
truly almost impossible to get lost at Walt Disney World. Just read the big
purple signs and they can direct you straight towards Downtown Disney. If you
are staying at a Walt Disney World Resort, dump the car and take the Walt
Disney World Transit System (it works just like a city transit system with
different routes, etc. except it is free). If you take WDW Transit, you will
want to get on the Downtown Disney line. The Downtown Disney bus makes stops
at all Disney resorts and at the Disney Ticket and Transportation Centre,
which connectes you with the monorail. Yeah, I know, it sounds confusing, but
like I said, it is very hard to get lost at Disney. The LIC closes at 11:00P.M
daily.