 Adventurers / 519
Re: Set 5909
Newsgroups:
lugnet.adventurers
Date:
Thu, 18 Nov 1999 21:29:35 GMT

Jonathan Little <piano254@aol.com> wrote in message
news:FLEHD7.Avp@lugnet.com...
Does anyone have any ideas as to why it's so difficult (nearly impossible) • to
find set 5909? It's the set with the tan bi-plane with white wings and a • little
jeep-truck thing. I've managed to collect every other adventurers' set • from
1998 except this one. I have not been able to find it in any stores or • even at
Lego SAH. Is this just because of where I live (Northeast USA)? Any help • would
be greatly appreciated!
Thanks,
Jonathan

This set was originally released as a TRU exclusive (AFAIK) in 1998.  I've
been told by different LEGO sources that sets with extra plastic (i.e., the
mummy case, the gold copack, the insectoid mask, the extreme team mountain,
etc.) are released for one year only.  Anything you find after that is just
excess inventory being moved around.

Last time I was a the Construction Site (follow thread to website) they had
the 5909 as well as the 3722 (?) gold copack, with the gold case removed.

I grab the 5909 any time I can find them, its a great set.

-Rob.