 Robotics / 8336
Re: Gear backlash
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Thu, 18 Nov 1999 23:06:48 GMT

Maybe this sounds strange: I tried to coat gears with liquid plaster. This
works for some time - only with "less engaged" gear-trains and never try to
coat both gears, because this ends up in a mess. The new liquid plasters
aren't that sticky anymore - so the effect is not there.
If you find out any other adhesives that work - let me know.

A friend of mine also tried with "springoperated" gears. IMO it is too much
work: find the right springs-fix the to the gears-keep the tension..... And
you can only operate them in one direction and get ugly holes in your Lego.

Stefan

David Paule <dpaule@diac.com> schrieb in im Newsbeitrag:
FLEJqt.HIr@lugnet.com...
Does anybody have methods for reducing gear backlash?