 CAD / 3155
Re: Using motion blur to give the illusion of speed
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Thu, 18 Nov 1999 20:40:24 GMT

sparre@sys-323.risoe.dk (Jacob Sparre Andersen) writes:

Sometimes people make unrealistic motion blur, where they give the
final image more weight than the preceeding images to give both a
good picture of the car and give an impression of action. Have you
tried that?

Since I have the frames on my hard disk, I tried it out:

    http://biopc45.uio.no/temp/motion3.jpg
    http://biopc45.uio.no/temp/motion4.jpg

In the first image, the weight of the first frame is moderate, while it
is high in the last one.

I think the effect looks somewhat silly, so I don't think I'll use this
technique.

Fredrik